About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Part of a sketch

I'm just sharing part of a sketch here...drawn on the reverse of my foot picture. If it had been a fresh piece of paper I'd have torn this one up as I made such a mess of it by not knowing when to stop!
However, I decided to crop it to the part that was okay. It was done whilst looking into the mirror, so it's a reverse image I suppose. Portraits are often flattering, but self portraits tend to be warts, or wrinkles, and all. No smiles here, just my, on my own pensive face. I'll do another without overworking it and share the results when I'm done.
My hand is just about okay now with just red welts, some stiffness and a bit of itchiness left. I did put my gloves on just now as we had the heaviest rain I've ever seen this afternoon which left the garden looking more like a pond and the massive lavender bush looking very dejected with broken stems and drooping flowers. So, I've been out there hoiking it back into some sort of upright position with twine. It doesn't look half as good as it did this morning though.
Well, time to feed my two terrors and think about what I'm going to have too. No more drawing tonight - stamp designs or otherwise!

5 comments:

craftypam60 said...

Just a thought - did you try antihistamines for the nettle rash?

Loving your blog and all the ideas you share, and very sorry indeed when I read that David had passed away xxx

Lindsay Mason said...

Thank you Craftypam.It's been a terrible few months indeed.
I got Hydrocortisone cream from the chemist as well as Piriton tablets which are an antihistamine...think it was the tablets that finally did the trick. I have them to hand now (no pun intended) so if I get zapped again I'll be ready.
Lindsay x

Hazel (Didos) said...

2Oh this is brilliant, what a great sketch, Im so bad at drawing, Glad your hand is on the mend, Love Hxx

Paul B said...

Portraits are REALLY difficult! I read somewhere that our facial recognition skills mean that we notice any feature which isn't exactly spot on. Just move an eyeball slightly off to the left & we can tell it's not correct. I've learnt all the measurements in art but still muck it up. What you've shown here looks freakin good though :) Pxx

Redanne said...

Wonderful sketch Lindsay, so glad to hear your hand is improving too. Crafty hugs, Anne x