About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Thursday 23 August 2012

Drawing stars

Hello again, I've just uploaded a short You Tube video on drawing stars. These are something I get asked about a lot at demonstrations, so I thought it would be a nice, simple one for me to start with. I have ordered a tripod for my camera but, until that arrives, am holding it in one hand whilst drawing with the other, so please excuse the somewhat faltering filming! The sound does go a little faint at one point - not sure what I did there - and, for some reason, I say "thank you" at the end of the clip, but then again, I always was polite!
Anyway, I'll improve as I go on but hope you enjoy my first attempt!
.
Here's the link

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KqYfx84xz0

7 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

It says on You Tube Video not available. :(
Hope alls ok with you and the bites are not as sore now, nothing worse,

Love Hxx

Lindsay Mason said...

Hi Hazel - try it now as I did the link wrong!!! The bites are still itching but I'm being very good and not scratching them....much! Lindsay x

Artyjen said...

Thanks for sharing that...it's very effective ;)
xoxo Sioux

Joanne said...

I think you got that wrong Lindsay saying 'drawing stars'. It should read ' A Star Drawing'.......'cos you are a star.
Hugs Joanne xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Brilliant got it working now, Thanks xx You will need scratch mitts to stop you itching them!
Love Hxx

Redanne said...

Brilliant video Lindsay considering you were holding the camera in one hand too! Thanks for the excellent tips. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Paul B said...

Brilliant! Love it. Didn't know how to draw these beforehand so that's something new i've learnt already and the day has hardly started :) Have a good weekend. Pxx