About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Thursday 16 August 2012

Coffee break

This is another quick post whilst I'm having a sneaky coffee between finishing one tag and starting another. Here are three that I've made today, nestling in some Heather in the front garden now that the sun has finally come out today. The greenery looks festive so I thought it could double as a Christmas tree for these seasonal samples. There's a mix of TH dies here along with Andy Skinner's stamps. I absolutely love the typeset die (as in "Joy" and "Christmas") and know I will be using these little letters over and over - it's code number SZ657176 btw. I also managed a little drawing of just one eye but with more detail this time. I used a propelling pencil - I like these....no wasted lead - on watercolour paper which gives a roughish surface to work the pencil into with the finger.
It's a little unnerving drawing one's own features as it makes you really notice how much they've changed over the years. My eyes have got more hooded, the less said about the bags the better and I've no idea where most of my once lovely, long eyelashes have vanished to! The perils of waterproof mascara I'm suspecting.
Right, coffee is just about drunk, so I'll get back to work.

2 comments:

Redanne said...

You might already know what I am going to say - have that eye made into a stamp - it is perfect, most of those available have a nose attached but the eye on it's own is fabulous. Love your tags too, lovely and festive without being too Christmassy in colour. Love that typeset too - I can feel another spend coming on! Crafty hugs, Anne x

Paul B said...

Stunning sketch of your eye. So detailed and photorealistic. Such talent!!!!!! Love the tags too, beautifully creative and hanging perfect off your lavender :) As for lashes, I wonder if the reason mine are almost non-existent is because of the same reason. The new romantic scene meant I spent my youth coating my eyes with mascara. Ahhh nostalgia. :) Pxx