About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Wednesday 15 August 2012

A few more stamps

Thank you for the lovely comments about the new designs - much appreciated. I have a few more to share with you today and the first one is called "Religious Greetings" (PICSA6364) which is an A6 set. I get asked a lot for more religious Christmas designs, although this set is really more spiritual than specifically religious I think. I've done them in a more traditional font to go with the tone of the messages. As I said yesterday, I love drawing snowmen and it was snowmen that I'd mainly been working on before life got turned upside down, so here's another one.... .....he's one of our Tinchie range, which are around 50mm x 44mm in size, and this one's called "Ice Christmas" (PICST090). He's a bit more of a spiky character than some of my other snowfolk!
Another Tinchie now, this one is "Dancing Christmas Fairy" (PICST092) and she's in a similar style to my Off the Wall range of characters.
The last one for today is one that I hope will prove very useful and is in a style that I really like using of block words that can be stamped, cut out and assembled together to create a myriad of phrases, greetings or journal text. They should be useful long after Christmas too. For the eagle eyed amongst you, yes, the word "niece" appears twice...once in the block and again without! I somehow managed to include it twice and PI decided to leave it in! Oh well, a bonus niece!!! This is an A5 set called "Block Christmas Words" (PICSA5345) so the words are large enough to make an impact on a card or not get lost on a journal page.
I didn't manage to do a sketch last night as my hand was just too swollen and stiff and still itching like crazy. However, the antihistamine tablets have really helped overnight in both giving me a good sleep and settling the hand down to a more manageable state. Just as well or I wouldn't be getting much work done today. Thank you for the concerns about me wearing gardening gloves...I do normally wear them when I'm out in the garden, but as I was only cutting back some clean, thorn free branches I just popped out with the secateurs - the Nettle was hidden and that's why I got stung. However, I will put the gloves on next time anyway, just in case!
Right, breakfast eaten, tablets taken, cream applied, blog post done....better get on with some work now!

6 comments:

Glennis F said...

So glad your hand is improving. I love your Christmas fairy, and the words sheet is a brilliant idea.
I have done a canvas for my GD Poppy, with the stamp set I bought at the Craft Barn Extravaganza - Arabella. I am so thrilled with it, I wish you could see it! I am saving it for when we go over to Oz later in the year.
Hugs
Glennis in NZ

Redanne said...

Hi Lindsay, love the spikey snowman, he looks just like a snowman should look, I think. Great word stamps too, so useful for doing your own special message and the spiritual words are lovely, really like that font. Godd to hear that your hand is improving. A x

Paul B said...

More stamp goodiness!!! The snowman is fantastic. Love your shading technique, it's very delicate with the fine lines and dots, it's a gorgeous style. Pxx

Joanne said...

Am I allowed to say I've already told you I love that snowman?? Too late, done. Looking forward to ALL your Xmas card samples especially if you incorporate your designs with some die cuts. Got terrible rain and gales today. Worried about taking the awning down tomorrow, wish us luck.
Hugs Joanne and 'asleep 'T''
xxxx

Gez Butterworth said...

Fabby stamps Lindsay, I LOVE the all! Great to hear your hand is improving, loving your new sketch too xx

Mel said...

Wow, soooo love your drawings, especially your fairy. I really hop that PI will make her bigger and not just a tinchie. I am collecting your off the wall stamps, they are so much fun! looking forward to more. Take care, Mel xxx