About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Tuesday 21 August 2012

a surprise gift & a good moment

I had a really lovely surprise today when the postman delivered a belated birthday gift from a very good friend. It's a new camera and is absolutely brilliant! No more making people stand with fixed smiles while I wait for the picture to be finally taken and this one has a proper video function which means that I'll be able to upload some tips and techniques as opposed to step by step pictures.
I did try to do that this afternoon, but blogger didn't want to know, so I decided to join You Tube and upload something there - just me trying out the camera really but you may find them amusing! I got myself into a real mess though...I ended up being sent a new email address, couldn't get onto my blog and who knows what other confusion! However, I managed, obviously, to get signed back into the blog so will see if I can still get onto You Tube now!
I'm not sure how you find me on You Tube yet (help!) but my name on there is LindsayMason1000...there wasn't much choice left using my name and this was the best of the bunch! So, I hope that it will all become easier as I go along and that I'll be able to give you a bit more info on how to find the clips. I think I'll be able to add some links, so will insert these here,
here and here later....yes, it worked!
A huge thank you to my friend for such a thoughtful and truly appreciated gift - it w
ill be getting a lot of use I promise!
I had another good moment today as I've been suffering from very high blood pressure since David died (and probably before that I expect) and it's been refusing to go any lower, despite various pills I've been taking. However, I saw the nurse this morning and it is finally coming down - hoorah! It seems that the latest combination of tablets is doing the trick so that's a big relief. The nurse took my BP five times so I was convinced that it was not moving downwards. After the second time I just visualised David standing there, looking concerned and telling me to keep calm. Oddly, the nurse told me that the first two readings were quite high but that it started going down on the third one and just kept going lower. I knew David was looking after me.

6 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Me Jess the Kitty and Belle the Woof say Helo to Thomas too. Love the wee videos, they are super.

Glad your BP is starting to go down, I have high bp too and what a worry it is,

Love Hxx

Diane said...

Fab to see Thomas live so to speak Lindsay !! Also fab to have a nosey round your workroom !!

hugs Diane xx

Lindsay Mason said...

ha ha ...I promise to upload some "proper" videos as soon as I can! (and with my workroom looking more like a proper workroom!) Was fun to have a play though! Lindsay x

Rachel Greig said...

Loved the videos and the sneak peek into your workroom, how fab that you can look out to your birdbath and garden! :)

Paul B said...

Awww loved the videos :) You learn quicker than me with videos haha. And Thomas is beautifully catlike, not doing what you want him to do lol. Pxx

Redanne said...

Great videos Lindsay, you have a very steady hand and brilliant work for a beginner (really!). Loved Thomas's debut in moving pictures too. Glad to hear that your lovely David is still keeping a watchful eye over you. Take care. Crafty hugs, Anne x