About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Friday 1 August 2014

Warning....Christmas images...!

Hello all, two weeks since I last posted - yikes! I had a really good couple of weeks off work - didn't go away but I just pottered in the garden, relaxed in the sunshine with a couple of books, had a few evenings with friends and generally just had time out.
Last Saturday I was at Samuel Taylor's in Brighouse, so a big hello to everyone who came to see me there. Hope you are all making good use of your new stamps, Inca Gold and Dylusions sprays!
This last week though has been a very busy one, getting samples made for my day at Coleman's Warehouse tomorrow. It's one of their demo events so there will be several designers there...click on the link to get more details. So, I'm all packed up now and will be off to the station in an hour or so for my trip down to Northamptonshire. The scorching weather has been replaced with monsoon like downpours so I think I may have to get a cab - otherwise everything in my tote bag (let alone me!) will be drenched. : (
Most of my latest Christmas stamp sets are in stock now, so tomorrow will be my first demonstration with the new designs. Always great to launch new stamps and, after all these years, it's still exciting to see them on the shelves. 
Anyway, before I go, here are just a few of the cards I made this week....
....this one showcases "Zendoodle Dove Ready to Go" (that means ready doodled....not a dove ready for take off!!! Lol!). The background is texturised with Tsukineko Irresistibles and the sentiment is from my "Inspirational Quotes" set. A clean and simple card with just one wing overlayed for a little height and movement.
A bit muckier now (ooh er missus!), well, you know me, I can't stay clean and simple for too long! This card has a background made using Dylusions sprays and a TH stencil that's been spritzed through with the white ink. I love making these backgrounds and my tip about having an afternoon just making backgrounds for later use really helped me this week as I could dip into my collection of ready made ones to save me some time.
 .....my "Doo Lally Pip Tree Fairy" is perched on the top of the "Zentangle Tree Ready to Go" which is just peeking up from the bottom of the card. The swag of stars and the words are from the same set as the fairy. I'll be using her wings on other characters long after Christmas!
Last one for today features one of my favourites sets from the new collection, "Merry Christmas to Whoo"....
....the background was made the same way as the previous card but using a Crafter's Workshop snowflake stencil. I stamped the icicles branch a few times and then added the owls that I stamped, coloured and cut out separately. One admission for the observant amongst you....I realised, after stamping the lowest branch, that I shouldn't have positioned it at an angle - my icicles are not hanging straight down! Well, I was too happy with the background to scrap it, but I won't be making that mistake again!
Right, I had better get myself ready and book that taxi - the rain is getting heavier if anything. Hope to see lots of you there tomorrow...I may even be wearing my Christmas hat....oh no!!!
Have a great weekend whatever you're up to...despite the weather.

2 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your dove card really does look beautiful, then scrolling down that brilliant, colourful, wishful fairy - wow!! Surely those icicles on the bottom branch were formed when an icy breeze blew through, whistling along around the trunks of the trees!!! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Chrisx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for using irRESISTible!