About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Thursday 28 August 2014

Long day

Evening everyone, well, late evening....night really! I woke up feeling very tired this morning, partly due to the fact that Thomas has developed a fondness for sleeping stretched out along my arm and shoulder, purring very loudly right into my ear. It's like having a heavy hot water bottle on top of me all night and no matter how many times I move him he just keeps creeping back!
Anyway, a couple of coffees got me gradually perked up and then I was straight to work in the Doo Lally room. I had prepped some pieces to carry on with this morning.......
 ....this one is a canvas with lots of cogs and textures, all painted black ready for the next stage. I had several other pieces to build up to the same point, which takes quite a time, including this heart with the word "smile".
The next part is my favourite as I really enjoy adding the layers of colour to create the depth of lustre. The metallic paints and waxes look different depending on which angle you view them from and the light.
Here's the canvas all done and dusted!
I've been working on different pieces all day and finally tidied away (!) at past 8pm. I've added the four new finished pieces to my Etsy shop now so that's me finished for the day at last and hopefully Thomas will give my shoulder a rest tonight!

6 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Just love what the metallic wax does - fabulous Lindsay! Can't you persuade Thomas to act as a foot warmer instead? Our Snowy used to crawl down inside the boys beds - although quite how he stood it sometimes I'll never know!!!! Chrisxxx

Diane said...

Wow..... just stunning Lindsay !!

hugs Diane xx

Paul B said...

Stunningly beautiful. I especially like the heart design. So much gorgeous texture and colour. Pxx

Susanne said...

This is not fair Lindsey!!!!!!!!! Love, love, love all your new pieces that you have created :)

Anonymous said...

It hasn't taken me long to appreciate you are a truly versatile artist. Sometimes you make cards; often you make art. I cannot hope to attain this level but I love being able to look!

Lindsay Mason said...

Thank you for all the really kind comments - it means a lot and helps keep my spirits up and the creativity flowing. Susanne,I'm sorry to keep tempting you but it's not compulsory you know! Lol!!!Have a great rest of the weekend everyone.