About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Thursday 23 May 2013

My orange attire

The glorious sunshine has gradually turned into wind and rain again now, so I'm having a coffee break to warm up a bit...I nearly had to resort to turning the heat on again! What crazy weather.
I've just finished the orange Doo Lally sweatshirt that I was part way through yesterday.....
 .....this picture shows the colour better than yesterday's peachy effort. And here's a close up of the completed "Princess Tippy Toes" character....

 .....she looks a lot better with eyes! You can't really see the clear glitter paint too well here, but I also painted it over the deep pink hearts and some of the blue dots. It's a subtle glitter...not too glitzy. I now have the lilac sweatshirt to paint before the Craft Extravaganza weekend.
I'm all set now for my trip to Brigg for the demonstration at the garden centre there. It's quite a long journey with a few train changes and one bus replacement service en route - oh joy! I've not been to Brigg before, so it's always interesting to see a new place. Thank goodness that Thomas is eating properly again and seems to be really on the mend as it would have made things much more tricky for my neighbour who'll be looking after them while I'm away. No doubt there will be some sulking even so!
Tomorrow is the funeral of one of the three young soldiers who were killed in the explosion in Afghanistan in April. Fusilier Sam Flint-Broughton was from Poulton-Le-Fylde and the funeral is going to be at St Chad's (the church I attend). The residents of Poulton always show great respect when there's a funeral, as the church is right in the main square which is usually a hive of activity, but, tomorrow, all the local shops, including the supermarkets are closing for the afternoon and the service is going to be broadcast outside the church.
Well, that's a low note to finish this post on really, but I'll sign off and hope to see some of you on Saturday at the garden centre. Have a good weekend everyone.

2 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

You are not going to get lost in that are you? It's great and I'll have to show Em next week when she comes!
Hope you have a good day in Brigg, Chrisx

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, I love your orange sweatshirt, 'such fun'. Enjoy your trip to Brigg, it's the nearest town to my parents so I know it well. A walk down the river Ancholme is pleasant.
Julie