About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Saturday 4 May 2013

Keeping my mind occupied with a new venture

Hello folks, I know it's been another week gone (flown) by, so it's definitely time for a catch up.
Last Saturday I was at Card-io in Pemberton where a great deal of fun was had by all I think! I was wearing my new Doo Lally sweatshirt of course...
 ...which seemed to go down well with everyone! It's always good to be at Card-io as I get to see lots of friendly faces and this timwas no exception, catching up with some old friends that I haven't seen in a while. Jacqui kindly brought me a beautiful scarf and a handmade notebook from her trip to India - how spoiled am I? I do love a blank book, so am still deciding what to fill those inviting pages with. 
I'll be seeing quite a few of Saturday's ladies again next weekend as I'll be at the Happy Stampers show in Port Sunlight on 11th May. I do know that tickets have sold out for this show, so hope all of you that wanted to go have managed to get your hands on them. It's going to be a busy day there!
Yesterday my friend Paul came over to visit me which was a treat. We spent the day wandering, nattering and catching up. Sadly, the beautiful weather of the previous day didn't materialise, so my plans for us to sit out in the garden to eat our sandwiches had to be shelved - I was looking forward to some company to share my bench with too!
Today has been a rare Saturday at home but I've been busying myself with a few things. Apart from getting on with putting together my workshop samples (which I can't share yet of course!) I've finally got my act together and opened an Etsy shop. I will happily admit that Paul helped me over the last hurdles yesterday as he is a bit of a whizz with all this technical stuff (!), though it turned out not to be anywhere near as tricky as I'd thought. Anyway, you can take a look at my efforts if you click on the Etsy shop link in my left hand sidebar. 
I've only put a few things up so far, but I will be adding more things on a regular basis, so do let me know what you think! I'm aiming for an "eclectic mix" and you never know, I may even put some Doo Lally Tee shirts on there!
Some of you may know that I was a wildlife artist in a "previous life" so there are a few of my paintings in my shop too....which has the very original name of "Lindsay Mason Designs"! 
It's a pretty tough time at the moment, with the anniversary of so many sad and frightening moments to go through. Today's been particularly hard and I've had a knot in my stomach since I woke up - hence me keeping myself occupied with the Etsy shop. David was really keen for me to get it started so it felt right to make the effort and finally do it.
Well, after all this time in front of the lap top I think I had better get myself some sustenance. I haven't eaten a thing all day, so I really need to make the effort and raid the fridge. The kettle and coffee jar will be the first ports of call though!

7 comments:

Jacqui said...

Well done on the Etsy shop Lindsay!! How fantastic, going to have a look now, so exciting :) See you Saturday xx

Paul B said...

It was a brilliant few hours of nattering. Thank you for being a perfect hostess :) The time always speeds by way too fast. I've just had a quick nosy at your etsy site and it's looking wonderful. Love how the banner turned out. You hardly needed my help at all, just a nudge to have a bit more confidence with computers lol. Pxxx

Diane said...

Loving the Esty shop Lindsay !! Oooooo t-shirts sound like a VERY GOOD IDEA !!

keep your chin up or down when your doing the T-SHIRTS !!

hugs Diane xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Been thinking about you! Well done for taking up the etsy shop challenge! Look forward to seeing you on Saturday! Chrisx

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are having a hard time at the moment Lindsay. I hope the sun will start shining through again soon. It hasn't been long since you lost David and it will still hurt so take care of yourself.

Liking your new venture!

Christina xx A Maze of Memories

Artyjen said...

Will pop over and have a look at your shop. Just wanted to send big hugs...keep your chin up...I so know about the knots in the stomach and not eating!!!! LOL
xoxo Sioux

Gez Butterworth said...

Been thinking about you lots too just lately Lindsay. Will continue to keep you in my thoughts & prayers over the coming weeks.xxxx

So looking forward to seeing you on Saturday, it's been wayy too long.

Off to look in your shop Mrs.. I think I might need a t-shirt for def.. Big, BIG hugs, Gez xxx