About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Saturday 9 February 2013

Knickers!

Who would have thought that a line of knickers on a radiator could make one smile so much?! Yes, the new washing machine arrived and then the plumber rang on the off chance that it had come as he was in my area. So, instead of waiting till Monday to be connected up I was all systems go this afternoon.
Best of all, he cracked the door of my old washer open in five seconds flat with the aid of a crowbar and some manly muscles (you can keep feminism as far as I'm concerned!!!) and rescued my stagnant laundry. Amazingly, despite being trapped in there for almost a week, it didn't pong, but it's had a wash in the new machine anyway of course. So, smalls (well, not that small) are drying as I type, along with everything else that I'd forgotten was in there. 
I've been creating more tags and cards too of course, so it's been a pretty busy day all in all. Tomorrow  is my calm couple of hours at church (it does bring some peace into my life) in the morning, followed by a coffee at the church hall then home to get inky all over again.
Thanks for all the lovely comments and I'll post some more piccies soon.

6 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

And the same to you missus! So glad that you can get ready for your trip! Have a lovely day tomorrow! Chrisx

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you have clean knickers Lindsay!!! Glad it is all fixed. I'm with you on the feminism front! Have a lovely day tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you. XXX

Paul B said...

Brilliant. Glad it all went without a hitch. In fact, better than planned. Must be reassuring that it took a big burly guy with a crowbar to open your old machine's door. Shows that there was no way you could have done it. More embarrassing if he'd turned to you and shown that you just needed to press a switch on the machine lol. Enjoy Church. Hope you aren't vexed by too much snow. Pxxxxx

Artyjen said...

It's the little things in life that makes us happy ;)
I'm with you on the feminism thing....I'm good but just not that good!! ROFL
xoxo Sioux

Gez Butterworth said...

Knickers to you too!!!! Yeah, glad they had a happy ending!
Chill tomorrow xxx

Joanne said...

Some things are worth sacrificing but believe me, knickers aren't on that list. LOL
xx