About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Friday 1 February 2013

Getting messy

Still light at 5pm now...the longer evenings are creeping ever nearer - thank goodness! I don't know about you, but I am ready to trade the cosiness of curtains drawn before dinner for the joys of a few hours more sunlight. 
Heather came round again this morning to give me a hand with some of my pre Stitches prep work. We had to go to the village first though to get some groceries and we decided to call into the new Costa Coffee which is a recent addition to Poulton. The three guys behind the counter were really friendly and the coffee was good and strong. So, bolstered with caffeine we headed back with a fish n chips takeaway lunch before getting cracking.
We decided to get some backgrounds done and spent a few hours spritzing, blending, stamping etc. Although opposite each other at my table we managed to avoid spraying each other with inks!
Just a few of the messy backgrounds we created!
I'm not sharing any finished pieces tonight - I need to keep some as surprises for the show! Thought you might like this piccie of Thomas though......
 ......all cosied up inside his mum's dressing gown!
Well, this was a very quick post, just to touch base. I've got a relaxing evening of goggle boxing now before another early (ish) night so I'll be all set for a good day's creating tomorrow. Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Paul B said...

Loving those inky colourful tag backgrounds. Have fun using them to create your samples this weekend. And like you, I've been noticing that it's a little lighter in the evenings and grateful for it. :) Pxx

Gez Butterworth said...

Isn't it great seeing some daylight at teatime I was only thinking so myself! Fabby samples xx Make sure you pick up a point reward card for Costa ;o)) My fav is their black forest hot choc with cream, yum!

Anonymous said...

Oh look at those gorgeous tags. Love Thomas, so like Archie!!! XXX