About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Friday 15 February 2013

A Stitch in time

Well, everything that's going to be done for Stitches has been done now and Thomas and Tara are both looking increasingly fed up as they've watched me putting things into my case - a sure sign that I'm "abandoning" them. I just about managed to cram my clothes in there but have had to leave out a beaded jacket and a second pair of shoes! The case is bursting at the seams and weighs a ton but that's par for the course - thank goodness for wheels! My Tim Holtz bag is also full, so if it isn't in there already it won't be going!
Anyway, I'm just signing in to say thank you for all the lovely comments and the good wishes for the show - it's always an exciting few days even though it's hard work. I've ticked off all the jobs from my list of things to do...boring stuff like cleaning so I don't come back to housework
My neighbour is looking after my two terrors while I'm away, but they'll sulk nevertheless! So, all set for my train journey tomorrow followed by the trek through Birmingham International into the NEC - there are lifts and travelators but it always takes an age to get there. Time for a few hours relaxing now then before a reasonably early night and, hopefully, a good night's sleep.
I'll have plenty of pictures and tales to share next week I'm sure!

4 comments:

Paul B said...

Safe travels & have fun!!!!! :) Pxxxx

Anonymous said...

Safe journey Lindsay. I hope all goes well and you enjoy it. Say 'Hi' to Rachel for me please :-) Love S xxx

ginny c said...

Have a safe journey and enjoy the show

Artyjen said...

Keep safe on your travels...and have fun in amongst the hard work.
xoxo Sioux