About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Sunday 15 April 2012

All change & a National disgrace

Hello, yes, this is still my blog...I decided it was time for a change of background and, after trying lots of different ones, plumped for this one - well, it's got purple in it and some blingy bits too, so I couldn't resist!
The other change is to the blog candy - I've added some extra bits and a new picture to show what is included. Don't forget to leave a comment if you haven't already done so - make sure you leave it on the actual candy post though, or you won't be included in the random number generator. Hope you like the extras - the card is made using Martha Stewart paints and stencils and is in the this month's Crafts Beautiful magazine.
Hello to everyone who came to see me at Card Crafts in Lancaster yesterday - it was a really busy day and a lot of fun too. Hope you all enjoy the stamps and the Glue n Seal of course. Welcome to new blog followers too. Hello to Sally and hope you feel better soon. I'll do a step by step tutorial on the Stazon spray cleaner and alcohol ink technique for you as soon as time allows me to.
Today has been spent doing horrible jobs that start with H and end with K - yuck! We've also been in the garden, in the glorious sunshine - shifting more gravel and I've been transplanting seedlings and planting bulbs and Geraniums. My Sweet Peas have done quite well - 70 seeds sown and 52 have grown which is a decent percentage I think.
I only saw this morning that two horses were killed again in this year's Grand National yesterday. Even though they have supposedly made safety improvements since last year it was still an appalling scenario with only fifteen horses completing the course out of a starting number of forty. Those that did get to the end were being whipped to wring every last drop of energy out of them.
The usual things were said of course, including the fact that a lot of the horses carried on running when they had lost their riders. Well, obviously, they're herd animals and are trained to race...interesting that most had the wit to run around the fences rather than over them though. A few jockeys were injured too, but, let's face it, they make the decision to take part in the race unlike the horses.
I think it's time the event was consigned to history. If it wasn't such a money spinner would the horses be expected to jump those nightmare fences at risk of terrible injury and death at every turn? I don't think so. What do you think?
Okay, I'll sign off for now and will sign in again before my trip to Sir Stampalot in Peterborough on Friday.


9 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Woooh! Love the new look - very you!
Like you, I think its time the Grand National was laid to rest like the poor horses that it kills!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Loving the new look. Im with you on the National. Its horrible those poor horses, Hope you have a great week, Hazelxox

Clare said...

Excuse my language Lindsay but I am bloody well enraged about the Grand National, grrrrr!!! I totally agree with everything you say and like fox hunting it should be abolished into history. Like you, I am the biggest animal lover (you only need to look at my blog to see this!) and I take no part in supporting this ugly so called sport. I even have a go at the people I know who put bets on!!!.
On a brighter note I love your new blog background makeover!!!. Wasn't sure whether you would be at Ally Pally yest but realise you were tied up somewhere else which was a great shame. Hope the kitties are well. Hugs Clare xxx

Sally said...

Sally
Thank you Lindsay, for you kind words. I love all your cards and try to commit to memory, but have now sent away for your book, and am really looking forward to getting it. Yes, The Grand National isn't Grand, is cruel, and should be abandoned!!!

soniajones said...

Love the new look - and I also agree with you about the grand national! All that money just squandered on horses, clothes and alcohol - does the recession only affect the poor???? haha I sound like 'angry from Liverpool'
xxx

Redanne said...

Hi Lindsay, love the new colour and sparkly bits! I too hate the Grand National - such gorgeous animals put down and for what - entertainment! I agree with Sonia's comments above too.

trish said...

The colours are lovely and bright, I love purple. Money makes the world go round,regardless of pain and suffering to man or beast.I never watch the race, it should be banned.

Handmade by Elaine said...

like you, i don't agree with the grand national...never betted on it...never will!
Elx

Est xxx said...

Love the purple...that's what colour my fingers are at the moment, lovely shade of dusty concord lol, I've done that today too h.......k should be banned xx