About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Thursday 15 September 2011

Hello, goodbye!

A quick "hello, goodbye" (especially to new followers and readers) as I got back late last night from Whitley Bay and am now all packed up and ready for my trip down to Thame tomorrow. I didn't take a picture last time I was there, but these are the three wonderful mosaics that greet one at the Metro station...a small station, elevated by this glorious artwork...isn't it great? Once I ventured from the relative comfort of the station, boy, was it windy! I dropped by case off at Papercuts, checked into my room and then went for my walk along the beach. I was almost knocked off my feet several times (and that takes some doing!) and, have to admit that I decided against the paddle! Mainly because I thought I might fall over and get a soaking. However, the gulls were happily bobbing about and showing off their gliding skills. After a good few hours walk I returned to the hotel, had a meal and retired to my room....where I realised that the radiators were not working and the windows had no handles with which to close them. As the "hurricane" hit the area that night, I had one of the coldest nights I can recall. I woke up feeling stiff and covered with goose bumps....bbbrrrrr!
My day at Papercuts was very busy and I met a lovely crowd of people. Here's one card that I made on the day using a mix of MS snowflake punch, Distress inks, Coredinations card and a decoupage Gorjuss topper. The snowflakes look a tadge odd here, as the card is partly open so you can't see the overlay properly. Here's a card that was one of the ones I taught on Sunday's workshop. All done with Distress inks and water with a few details added with Marvy Le Plume pens. The PIP300CWH white card is one of the secrets for creating these really full on bleached out effects. Next is the Triptych piece that was the afternoon class on Sunday. The outside..... ....... and the inside. We used Andy Skinner's stamps to make collaged paper for the interior. Here, by special request yesterday, is another card made with my Build a Snowy Scene stamp set. I made this one at Papercuts and several of the ladies asked me to pop it on here to remind them....hope you are all having a go with your new stamps! So, just a few examples of what I've been up to and I'll hope to have new pics to share with you next week when I return from A Maze of Memories in Long Crendon, near Thame. I know it will be a lovely day on Saturday, as Christina always looks after me very well and I get to see familiar, as well as new faces. Looking forward to seeing you all!
Okay, well, have a really good weekend everyone.

4 comments:

Diane said...

Can`t wait to see what you have for us on Saturday at AMOM Lindsay !! You always bring us fab inspiration !!

hugs Diane xx

SusieJ said...

You brought back lots of memories for me....we used to go and play football on the beach at Whitley Bay when I was a student (it was a hard life lol).
So looking forward to seeing you on Saturday..and kick starting my Christmas cards. :)
Hugs xx

Julie Staves said...

I'm also looking forward to saturday. The inspiration you bring is great and I always come away with a renewed passion for cards.
Julie
x

Joanne said...

Ecky thump and wow! all those samples are to die for. I will master the waterbrushed trees one day but just now they still scare me. Enjoy all your travels.
hugs Joanne xxx