About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Sunday 18 September 2011

Craft Quiz number 3!


At long last, here is Craft Quiz number 3! Twenty more questions and riddles to get your brain cells ticking over. I've tried to make them a mix of straightforward ones and some tricksier ones for those of you who like more of a challenge.
As previously, whoever gets the most answers right will be the winner, but, in the case of a draw, David will, with the help of Thomas, draw a winning name. Please email your answers to me at the usual address of ljm.design@ntlworld.com by midnight of Monday 3rd October. I will announce the winner on Tuesday 4th, so do remember to check back and see if you are the brain of Britain (craft wise!). If you are struggling with any of the questions, do bear in mind that all the answers can be found somewhere within the Personal Impressions website - see my left sidebar for the link. Any blog links to my quiz will be greatly appreciated!
The prizes - kindly donated by Personal Impressions, are a 12" x 12" speciality paper pad from the K & Co Handmade collection, a set of my "Wonder Filled Day" clear stamps, a Tim Holtz Idealogy Mini Mask, and one of my fairy silhouette cards. So, good luck everyone!!! (PS question one is from a suggestion by the winner of quiz number one!)


1. How many Distress ink pad colours have a reference to something you could eat or drink? NB this does NOT include the three new limited edition seasonal colours. Do think hard about this one as some are not obvious!!! 9 - my colours were: Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Walnut Stain, Tea Dye, Bundled Sage, Crushed Olive, Spun Sugar, Wild Honey and Dusty Concorde (Concorde is grape variety used in wine making) - however, I was flexible on this question, as some of you included things like Lavender and Scattered Straw.

2. Which of my new clear stamp sets might you expect to arrive though your door sometime in late December? Christmas Post

3. Which character range is Suzanne Woolcott the designer of? Gorjuss

4. Which K & Co collection sounds as though it would be at home in the Natural History museum? Flora and Fauna

5. What is the name of the well known Australian photographer and stamp designer? Rachel Greig

6. A sauna for a member of the Sex Pistols might describe this very "on trend" crafting style? Steampunk (ouch!)

7. Which new teeny stamps from Personal Impressions come in twenty designs? Tinchies

8. Which of my clear stamp sets contains a Palm trees design? Nativity - Unto us a Child is Born

9. A spooky paper stash from Tim Holtz - but what is it called? Kraft Resist Halloween Haunts

10. Which Andy Skinner stamp set might have proved especially popular with Elvis the Pelvis? Viva Las Vegas

11. Which Alcohol ink colour is, very appropriately, named after a cocktail? Peach Bellini

12. Despite the name, don't use this Martha Stewart tool on your hair!!! Fringe Scissors

13. This paper from Graphic 45 will appeal to fans of sparkly red shoes. The Magic of Oz

14. Who is the man who dressed Hollywood and was the inspiration for a range of stamps, toppers and decoupage? Travilla

15. Both the black and the white are raised and glossy - what is in these two little bottles? Enamel Accents

16. This Tim Holtz stamp set sounds like a smaller version of Devon's famous rock band! Mini Muse (ouch again!)

17. These Spellbinder dies by Donna Salazar sound like lively cogs and gears! Sprightly Sprockets

18. How many of the Dew Drop Brilliance ink pads are named after plants? NB Coffee Bean not included! 8 - Sunflower Yellow, Rocket Red, Pearl Orchid, Pearl Lavender, Pearl Olive, Pearl Poppy, Pearl Ivy, Thyme, (I would also have accepted 9 as there is also a Rocket Red Gold)

19. Which Crafter's Workshop Template could have been named after a British sitcom shown in the 1980's/90/s? Birds of a Feather, though I also accepted Butterflies which I hadn't thought of!!!

20. This My Minds Eye collection might be popular with Mary - twice over! Quite Contrary


Well, there you have it! Best of luck and email your answers to me to be in with a chance of winning the prize and, more importantly, being crowned as Quiz 3 know it all!!!

4 comments:

SusieJ said...

OMG- some hard ones there! I'll give it a go.
Lovely to see you yesterday and do the make and take.
Hugs xx

Joanne said...

Oh crumbs. Dongles and quizes just do not match. The wifi here wont work either. Reckon I will have to wait 'til I get home to do some homework on this one 'cos it's HARD!!!
Hugs Joanne xx

Fab said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog, Lindsay, I've left reply/comment for you and I totally agree with what you wrote. Xoxoxxo Fab

Anonymous said...

Great!!! I appreciate for your quiz and specially your posted clear card is looking so beautiful...
Plastic card printing
plastic Cards