About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Friday 26 August 2011

Passport to Peterborough

Just a quick post tonight as I've packed my case and am all set for a relaxing evening before my trip down to Peterborough tomorrow. I haven't been there before, apart from changing trains at the station sometimes, nor have I been to Sir Stampalot, where I'll be on Sunday, so I am doubly looking forward to this weekend. I have heard nothing but good things about this store and the lovely people who run it, so I'm sure it will be a terrific day.
I've been making a few tags using Andy Skinner's stamps.....
......as well as cards using my new stamps. This one is lucky to survive as I had placed it on the box by the window whilst the Stickles dried and, I can only assume in an effort to impersonate a Magpie, Fred, our favourite pigeon, decided it looked rather attractive and decided to walk on it! Luckily it escaped reasonably unharmed! He must have taken a fancy to the sparkly glitter as he was gazing at it for some time before he took the plunge! Here's another card using my snowy scene stamps. The idea with these is that you can create many different scenes from the one set. I used the bare tree stamp in the set to create the twiggy shrubbery on the right and just added some red dots to the branches to create the winter berry look. This stamp set, along with the one that includes the snowmen from the previous card, were featured on the last hour of QVC craft day yesterday, though if you blinked you may well have missed them! If you'd like to see the sets, just type my name into the search bar on the QVC website and they will come up as two options.
However, for those of you who are coming along to Sir Stampalot on Sunday, I'll be showing you some different ideas for using them. If you're a follower or reader of my ramblings, please do say "hello" and introduce yourself! Hope everyone has a great weekend, whatever the weather may bring.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Have a lovely time in P'borough. Been several times but mainly in April to the motorhome show on the showground. Not had chance to 'play' with my stamp sets as yet but hope to get going - as it were - next week. Stayed up on purpose to watch QVC at 11pm then fell asleep at 11.30 'til 11.50. Never saw the stamps. Never mind, I have my own hehe!
big hugs Joanne xxx