About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Thursday 16 September 2010

Three places left

I've just checked the status of my workshops this Saturday at Dawn Bibby's studio and the Ranger Mirror, morning, class is fully booked. However, there are three places available on the 1.30pm-4.30 pm workshop..."Matchbox Shrines". This is a mixed media class where we will be making wall hangings that have matchboxes as a focal point, containing mini treasures. We'll be papering, painting, Beeswaxing, gilding and adorning the plaques. The matchboxes will be similarly decorated and then filled with tiny ornaments, charms etc that I've been collecting for us to use. Wire and beads are also featuring, so there will be plenty to keep everyone busy! If you'd like to come along to a fun filled afternoon, please call Topaz Crafts on 01254 356501 to book. The cost is £20 which includes all materials. I'm looking forward to Saturday very much and have just finished sorting out all the materials for the classes...a pretty mammoth task it was too!
Just one photo to share with you today. I have done a couple more Journal pages but I'll just show you this one for now...the other one is a little weird to be honest!!! This one is quite whimsical. I used Sherbet Pink and Raspberry paint dabbers over my pages, the grid pattern coming from Magic Mesh which I laid on the pages before dabbing the paints over the top and then removing the mesh. The image (she looks just like me....!!! Ha!) is from a magazine as are the watch faces.I just wanted a pretty simple look to this one. My gessoed, painted pages are between my drawn and coloured with Promarkers ones - this way, it doesn't matter that the pen colour comes through to the back because the paint mediums cover it.
That's it for the moment then. Off to relax for the evening now - David and I had a fish n chips lunch yesterday and we have both been feeling a little "delicate" since then! My fish looked very grey, so I think that was the cause...we won't be going there again anyway! And it was meant to be a treat! Oh well!
So, looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday...I'll be working you hard! Then I'll be in Dawn's Studio on Sunday as well to demonstrate for the day, so do pop along if you can. Lindsay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for tomorrow Lindsay :-) You didn't warn me about wires and beads though...........goodness only knows what will happen!! My'delicate' fingers can't cope with wire and beads!!! Love S xxxx