As promised, here are pictures of some of the samples that I made for today's QVC craft hour with my new fairy silhouette stamps, "Magic Happens" and "Wish Upon a Star". Thanks for the texts and emails that I've had, and glad that you liked them! This first card features the fairy sitting on a toadstool along with thetoadstool houses on an alcohol ink monoprint. I painted the moon with blending solution and used my heat tool to pull out the colour. The flowers were also dyed with the inks and I accented the centres, along with the fairy wings, using Stickles. As many of you know, I really do like silhouette stamps, so I had fun both designing, and using these. The next card is an 8" x 8" base and I've used Distress inks to create the atmospheric colours of the sky before bleaching out the stars, ground and trees using water. The colours I used were Weathered Wood, Faded Jeans, Dusty Concorde, Pine Needles and Walnut Stain. I stamped the fairy and greeting using a Coffee Archival ink pad, then coated the fairy with Glossy Accents. Those who were on my last workshop may recognise the technique which I used on the next card! I stamped the oval framed fairy onto acetate and then covered the reverse with Ranger paint dabbers - Cloudy Blue, Willow, Raspberry and Pearl white. I then placed a piece of white card over the paint, pressed down and allowed the paint to dry. It acts like a glue so I was then able to cut out the oval and place it onto a couple of Nestability ovals. The glitter is by Martha Stewart and the borders were made by pressing the glitter onto three strips of ultra strong tape. I also dotted Glossy Accents over the card and sprinjled with more glitter. The next card is a quirky one! I used a baby wipe to pick up colours from a Hydrangea Big n Juicy ink pad pressed onto my craft sheet. I let this completely dry (don't heat baby wipes as they tend to shrivel up!) and mounted it onto card. The fairy and castle were stamped in black and then covered with hologram embossing powder. A greeting and a few touches of Just Glitter pen in silver complete the look. Next is the row of mushroom houses again and this time I wanted to use a single small fairy from within one of the frames. I just inked the image carefully to avoid getting ink on the actual frame and stamped her onto an alcohol inked background. I highlighted the fairy's magic stardust with a little Stickles. Don't know why this looks quite so blue as it wasn't in reality! Lastly, this is me making a concerted effort not to use my favourite purple, blue and pink combination! So I went for ochres and greens instead. The background and flowers are alcohol inked and the fairy stamped in black archoval. I then masked her except for her wings, and overstamped using a Versamark Watermark ink pad before embossing with Stardust powder. I repeated this (just focussing on the wing) onto heat resistant acetate, then cut out the wing leaving a tab which I pushed through a slit made in the fairy's shoulder. This is a simple way to add dimension and so much easier than trying to stick a second wing into place with adhesive knowing it may well fall off! Stickles were added to both butterfly and flowers and the sentiment was simply stamped, matted and popped on the corner. Mmm, I quite like the colours after all! Anyway, hope you enjoyed looking at the cards and, if you missed the stamps and want to see what comes in each set, check out the QVC website and type in 590 112 for both options.
If you are in the Pontefract area on Saturday, do pop along to Craftzone where I'll be demonstrating all day. I'll have a nice mix of stamps, papers and inks with me of course, so hope to see you there. Lindsay