About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Monday 19 July 2010

Apologies and thank you's

Apologies firstly to anyone who came to see my demonstration at Topaz yesterday, only to find that I wasn't there. Unfortunately, on Saturday night, I came down with something that made me really sick and dizzy. Think it must have been one of those 24 hour bugs that seem to be rampant these days. So, very unlike me, I had to make the decision to go home on Sunday morning...think I've only ever had to cancel a demonstration three times in....well, more years than I care to remember! Anyway, once David got me home I lay on the sofa and slept for hours, and slept all last night too, and, as I always think sleep is nature's great healer, I was okay this morning apart from the feeling of having been trampled by a horse! Back to normal now, so I'm glad that's all out of the way, but I did feel bad about not being in the shop of course. I will be there the weekend after next however, on both Saturday and Sunday.
The thank you's are for all the lovely cards and gifts which I received for my birthday - I was so touched, because I hadn't even mentioned it to anyone! Special thanks to Joanne and Terry, Gez, Jenny, Martin, Sandra, Gill and Paul (whose card for me is pictured on his Artsiders blog! That's the only reason I mentioned you last Paul...so I could add that!). All so much appreciated I can't tell you. Heather (my sister) didn't make my card (shock horror!) as she doesn't like making cards, so she included one of her brilliant ATC's inside a bought, and very pretty, card instead - I'll let her off!!!
Well, no photos to post as yet, as I am just typing this whilst David is slaving over a hot stove cooking steaks (birthday treat!) so I have to be a bit quick. I'll post the photos from Saturday's workshop tomorrow. It was a really hectic three....er...make that four hours! Yes, we over ran again I'm afraid as everyone wanted to try to fit in as many techniques as we could. David sends his apologies for leaving without saying cheerio, but he had not been too well himself last week and was feeling drained. He didn't want to interrupt our flow so he just snuck away - he'll catch up with everyone next time. Anyway, the afternoon was all about Ranger and we covered all sorts of techniques, including Alcohol ink monoprints, Paint Dabbers Shabby Chic, Nostalgic Batik, Dabbers Acetate transparencies etc. Great fun and we did get messy, though not as messy as I'd feared we might! Sheila and Gez finally got to meet after being swap and blog buddies, which was lovely. Joanne and Terry were back from their holiday too, so there was lots of catching up to do. Hope you all enjoyed the workshop as much as I did teaching it. Oh yes, there were several requests for me to repeat two of my previous workshops - Fairy Doors and the Ranger techniques Mirror. If anyone is interested in either of these, do leave a comment or drop me an email, as I'd like to know if there would be enough people to run them again. Ta!
David and I went out for a drive and had lunch in a pub in Holmes Chapel before carrying on to Trentham Gardens, near to Stoke. It was a very sunny, hot day so we had an ice cream each as a treat! We had a good look around all the little, interesting shops there and David bought me a bracelet...don't know quite what they are called, but it's a silver snake chain that you add beads and charms to. I like the idea of collecting little memories of places we've been to. David also got me a bead and a charm to start me off - really lovely....the bracelet and David! On the way home it began to rain which was perfect to cool down the hot day. So it's just a relaxing evening ahead after a lovely meal. A really happy day.
I'll be back tomorrow with photos, but wanted to do the apologies and thank you's tonight. Don't forget that there's still time to leave a comment for the blog candy. And Heather, it's okay, you can leave a comment if you want...you just won't win anything! (Well, it would look like a fix wouldn't it?!?! Lindsay

10 comments:

Joanne said...

I am so glad you have had a fabulous day after feeling rotten and am glad you and David are both feeling better. Happy birthday again to the best 'sharer of crafting knowledge' I have ever met.
Happy birthday.
Luv Joanne - and peg leg.
XXXXX

Anonymous said...

Firstly a very big "THANK YOU" for the most fantastic afternoon. I'm glad you and David are both feeling better. Glad you had a lovely day and David spoilt you. Also I'm with Joanne, you are the best "sharer of crafting knowledge" and the loveliest. Hopefully see you soon. Lots of love S xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh, I meant to say - would love to do the "Mirror" workshop and also the "Fairy Doors" and any other canvas ones you can come up with!! Love S xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Happy Birthday to You,
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Lindsay,
Happy Birthday to you.
Bet your glad it was only typed and not sung, Ohhh I would make your ears bleed!!!
Sorry to hear you have been poorly, glad you are on the mend now. Wish I lived closer as would love to come to a workshop.
Take Care love Hazelxoxo
Love Hazelxoxox

ginny c said...

sorry to hear you wasnt well, and a happy birthday,i have only met you the once at wickford, and agree with the ladies here you are really the best sharer of crafty know how,love following your blog

angie's blogspot said...

Happy birthday Lindsay, I think the bracelet you mentioned is called a 'pandora' xx

Gez Butterworth said...

Many Happy Returns again Lindsay. So sorry to hear you caught a bug. Thankfully you are back on your feet.
Thank You for a fabulous workshop. It was over ALL to quickly! It was great fun. Thank you for sharing your knowledge & inspiration with us. It was a memorable afternoon.
I'm so happy you liked the little notepad. :) Enjoy your bracelet.xx I know the ones! I bought my daughter one for her China trip. It's lovely how you can add to them on special occasions.
I would definately love to join the Mirror workshop (& all the others!) will work on hubby!
Best wishes to you & David. Lots of love. Gez.xx

Artyjen said...

Wishing you a happy belated birthday!! Tra la la :)
Count me in for the Mirror workshop I'll make the long journey for that one.
xoxo Sioux

Anonymous said...

What a shame you were poorly hope you are fully recovered now, and hope you had a fab birthday.
Hugs Elaine x

Rainbow Lady said...

So sorry you were not well Lindsay hope you feel better now.
Belated Happy Birthday too. I think you should come up to Inverness and do Fairy Doors pretty please..... Love Cynthia x