About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Monday 9 February 2009

Just signing in...

Well, there are only a few days to go now before the big show, so I've had my head down, making cards and ATC's since I last posted. I've still got to prepare the materials for my workshops there too, so it's a busy old time! It's frustrating not to be able to put any pictures on here yet, but I'll do so after next wednesday!
Thank you to Hazel for the award that she has included me in - I can't show you it on here though, as I don't know how to get it from Hazel's blog and onto mine...I'm hopeless I know! I heard from my lovely pal Sarah today too. Sarah is a very talented lady and has just sent me her blog address, so do check it out (it's on my blog list if you scroll down).
We have had some snow here but not very much, so the grown up side of me has been quite relieved, whilst the kid in me has been envious of all the heavy drifts that many have been having. "My" wildlife has been getting extra rations to keep them going of course. I heard yesterday that little birds, such as Blue Tits, can lose one third of their body weight overnight in very cold weather just from trying to keep warm and that's the main reason that it's vital to keep feeding them once you have started.
They can be so underweight when they wake up that if there is no food where they expect it to be, just having to search elsewhere can be enough to finish them off. My little birds are too shy to get photographs of, but these are some of my regular pigeons making the most of some extra rations!
Well, that's all for now folks! Don't forget to check back next week to see what Blog Candy I have up for grabs!!! Lindsay

1 comment:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hiya, gosh I didn't know that the birds lost so much weight. We feed them everyday, mind you the gulls seem to pinch quite a lot of it. To get the award just right click your mouse on the picture of the award and then save picture as. Then it will be in your pictures so you can upload it.
We still have no snow but its blooming cold here! Hazel xo