About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Thursday 19 February 2009

Stitches show....part two!

I'm a little late posting this as I have been getting ready for my demonstration at Heaths in Barrow-in-Furness this weekend and I'm travelling up there tomorrow. I'm also making samples for craft day on QVC on the 26th of this month when I'll have stamps on the show. So, this may not be a very long post - but I'll share the pictures with you!
Here are Tim and his assistant, Mario, on the demonstration stand. I was having a break while Suze was showing the Melting pot at my stand, so I took the opportunity to check out what Tim was doing with the fabulous new colours of Alcohol inks (yes...there are 24 vibrant new shades!) Grunge paper (this is great as you can punch it and curl it and colour it with just about anything) and other goodies too numerous to mention!

Tim made the fabulous tag for the candy and then Mario took our picture as you can see - you can also see some of Tim's new stamps in the background.

In the left picture you can see Suze Weinberg demonstrating on my stand - we had to do a quick shuffle to clear a space for Suze's Melt pots and she was soon surrounded by visitors.
Monday night is always spent at the Wing Wah Chinese Buffet restaurant which serves an amazing array of food. All the Personal Impressions team are there, plus everyone from Ranger, the girls from Country Love Ceramics (who were also demonstrating on our stand) the team from Spellbinders and Marga from Avec who makes wonderful bead jewellery. Needless to say we had a really fun time - Marcella from the Country Love had a birthday in a few days, so one of the Wing Wah special desserts was ordered...however, Suze had a surprise as PI got one for her too even though it wasn't her birthday!
Well, Tuesday was the final day and I had another workshop to teach as well a full day of demonstrating.....oh no!..... the image uploader is freezing on me again so I will sign off and finish this post with the last pictures when I get back from Barrow.
So, goodnight for now...Lindsay




3 comments:

Lynnda said...

Lucky you having the fabulous Tim and Suze on your stand, from where we were, we could just see Tim's smiling face but to be honest it is what the hands are doing that we want to see.
What a great list of blog candy too!
Hope the demo goes well hop eto see you soon

Pam said...

looks like your having fun doing the things you love the most with so many talented people, Thanks for all you do Lindsey

Anonymous said...

Lucky you - getting so close to Tim! xxxx