About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Thursday 4 December 2014

Michelin man spotted in Poulton!

Well, there may well be tomorrow anyway! I have my wardrobe sorted for the Christmas Festival market day....makes me feel cold just thinking about it so I shall be wearing....two pairs of tights, pop sox, fluffy socks, jeans, boots, leg warmers, thermal T shirt, thin polo neck, long sleeved fleece top (PJ top as it happens!), loose fitting long sleeved top, wool coat with fur collar, wool wrist warmers, thermal gloves, silk scarf, fluffy scarf, fur trimmed thermal hat....!!!! If I can even move it will be a minor miracle! I also have one pair each of hand warmers and foot warmers which I will be saving for later in the day.
Everything that I could make in time has been made, priced and packed into boxes along with everything I can think of that I might need on the day. I just hope the weather stays reasonably kind and the forecasted blustery showers hold off.
In case you are in the area and fancy a few hours in Poulton, the market will be starting at 9am and going through until 6pm. Along the way there will be childrens fairground rides from noon, free parking from 2pm, Poulton people's choir will be singing, the lighting of the crib will be at 4pm and Santa will be arriving on his sled at around 5.30pm. Should be a fun day. My stall will be outside the Church between (apparently) the fudge stall and one called Pretty in Punk.
Over the weekend I'll be adding whatever I don't sell tomorrow to my Etsy shop - its been rather neglected this last few weeks.
No photos tonight, and not much news to share until after the weekend when I'll try and make up for being somewhat absent from here lately. Oh yes, one nice thing today was that my sister has booked two tickets for us to see Neil Diamond next July when he comes to Blackpool...should be a fantastic night!
Right, I need an early night as I'm being picked up at 7.30am tomorrow and I will need quite a bit of time to get into all those clothes and have porridge and hot coffee before venturing into the cold!

1 comment:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Hope you have warmed up by now and that you had a successful day! Sounds like a busy event! Chrisx