About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Wednesday 5 November 2014

Hi Ho, Hi Ho it's off to the NEC I go...!

This blog post title came to mind as I was watching Snow White and the Seven Dwarves yesterday afternoon whilst I was die cutting! I haven't seen it for a long time and I really did enjoy it, singing along to all of the songs...and especially "Hi Ho" - love it!
Singing seems to have been the theme over the last couple of days beginning with Monday evening when Heather and I went to see Madame Butterfly at the Grand Theatre in Blackpool. This was one of my gifts from Heather for my birthday back in July, so we were joking that I now have two birthdays like the Queen and 3rd November is now my "official" one! 
I had been so looking forward to this as I've not been to the opera for a few years now. It was the first time for Heather and she was open minded but dubious! Needless to say, I absolutely loved the whole evening and spent most of the opera an emotional wreck! The set was gorgeous, the costumes were beautiful (including some antique Japanese kimonos) and the singing was first rate - especially the soprano.
Heather's still not convinced and I don't think she'll be going to see any more opera! Heathen! Lol!
Last night I was in Blackpool again, this time at the famous Tower Ballroom - not to see strictly, but for an evening called "Light in Darkness" with the Archbishop of York, John Sentamu. In my head I'd pictured tables placed around the ballroom a la Strictly, but it was quite different....hundreds of chairs filled the dance floor, all facing the stage and it was obvious that this was going to be a huge event. Sure enough, people were streaming in and soon the two tiers of balconies were also packed - so much so that two coach loads of people couldn't get in and had to go back. This didn't go down well with the Archbishop when he found out what had happened...I'm guessing the Tower staff got into their "health and safety" mode and decided any more people would be a risk.
There was a lovely moment when the Archbishop walked onto the stage to be greeted by the Bishop of the dioscese.....
....and promptly waltzed him across the platform! What a charsimatic man he is and his talk was inspiring. There was lots of singing too and being amidst those hundreds of people in such a wonderful setting was a real joy. For any like minded people reading this, it was heartening to see that, despite what we may read in the press, Christianity is alive and well!
My throat's pretty sore this morning so I am hoping it's a result of all the singing and not the start of anything else!
Well, I'm all set for my trip to Birmingham shortly. I've a walk to the station, two trains and a taxi to the hotel ahead of me. No problem except for this "little" lot that's coming with me...
Just the bags...not the cloth covered table in the background I should add! My bags are jam packed and there wasn't room for very many changes of clothes so I shall be wearing some outfits twice I'm afraid.
Thomas is sulking big time as he always knows when I'm going away for longer than a day, even though I try to stop it from being too obvious. Tara isn't too worried as yet! They don't go into kennels when I'm away as I think they'd find that far more stressful, so my neighbour will be popping in to feed them and will put the heat on if it's chilly and the telly from time to time to make them feel less lonely. Of course, if they got on with each other better it would help! I'll be glad to get back to them on Sunday night.
Well, I had better get back to tidying up the place a bit before I leave. Hope to see lots of you at the NEC - I'm on stand A17 with Card-io. Looking forward to it!

3 comments:

Artyjen said...

Safe journey....don't envy you carrying that little lot! lol
Won't be there so have a great time.
xoxo Sioux

pearshapedcrafting said...

Have a great time! Mind your back carrying that lot! Look forward to seeing what you get up to! Chrisx

Gez Butterworth said...

Hope you had a great time at the NEC Lindsay, can't wait to hear all about it. Gez xx