About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Wednesday 25 June 2014

Late night post

Hello all, it's almost 11.30 pm and I should be getting to bed really, but I'm just winding down after friends have left so it seemed a good time to touch blog base. This evening I hosted another viewing of the film Les Miserables (my fourth time now!) ahead of the course that starts tomorrow night. I can really recommend the film if you haven't seen it but you need the tissues handy!
Tomorrow morning I'm off to my dentist again when he's going to get my new crowns started - hoorah! I may have my smile back in a couple of weeks! My numb jaw is beginning to get feeling back so I may not have to see the neurologist after all with a bit of luck. Another hoorah!
Meanwhile I've been busy getting things ready for my all day workshop at Daisy Jewels and Crafts in Coventry on Saturday. We'll be making several projects including cards, a tag and a wall plaque and we'll be working with all sorts of lovely things like Dylusions ink sprays, Distress Paints and inks, Inca Gold waxes, Zendoodle and Doo Lally Pip stamps amongst other things! The class runs from 10.30am - 4.00pm and costs £35.00. I know there is still room on the workshop so, if you fancy joining us, please contact the shop directly. You can find contact details on the above link or phone them on 07779 110813.
Here's a sneaky peek at some of the elements that will feature in our projects...
....shiny and colourful! There again......
.....frayed and distressed! But also....
.....some funky stripiness!
(stripyness....stripeyness...stri....?!?!) Just a little peek as I said and there will be more besides.
Well, it's now almost midnight...why does posting take so long? Or is that just me?
Here's another of my "this day last year" photos, this time of a card that I made for a workshop project....
....I notice some Graphic 45 papers in there as well as stamps from one of my 2013 Doo Lally Pip releases "Steamed Up".
Well, I really should make a move to get ready for bed now. It's been another lovely day here and I still have the front door wide open to let the fresh air in. Time to round up the two terrors which should be fun....when it's warm outside they do like to run me ragged at bed time and they'll speed off just as I think they are coming in - Tara, especially, thinks it's a really jolly game!

1 comment:

Paul B said...

Hope all goes well with the dentist today :) Be good to see your smile again. The sneak peeks for your upcoming workshop look wonderful. Where do you get your energy from? lol. Have a great time. Pxx