I'm just taking a much needed coffee break (Irish Cream flavour!) so I thought I'd post some pictures that I just took while the light's good. It's still really cold, but the snow has gone and it's sunny and dry.
First, here are a few more of my new stamp sets, as promised. This one is "Floral Wishes" (CICSA6033)....
....not a quirky set this time, but I don't think you can have too many floral stamps!
This set is called "How much love?" (CICSA6061) and is another from the Doo-Lally-Pip collection....
....no hats this time, but she has some birds to keep her company...I love bird stamps as much as flowers!
This next one is a baby set....babies are a bit of an unknown quantity to me I have to admit! So, whilst I'm sure they are little crying monsters that keep parents awake at night I just went for cute ones! This set is called "Little Baby" (CICSA6030).....
.....the little chap(pess) holding the message can be made to grab anything by cutting out the head, feet and hands and popping them in situ around whatever you want.
Well, just time to show you three tags I made this morning brfore I drain my coffee mug and get back to work! I've taken these in close up this time.........
....the first one uses my "Princess Tippy Toes stamp set. I also used a Dylusions setncil to add the stars in the background. I used my Glue n Seal technique to protect the stamped and coloured character before blending Distress inks over the tag. This also allows the stencil to be used right at the end as the ink that's on the image can be simply wiped away.
This next tag looks a lot more blood red than it really is! It's using my "Behind the Mask" stamp set.
I used the same techniques as before but I cut the mask image out and threaded some strands cut from dyed ribbon through the sides before adding it to the tag. As you'll no doubt be aware, 3d foam isn't too fond of sticking to distress inked backgrounds, so I always add a blob of Glossy Accents to the foam before sticking it down.
Finally, here's another tag using my "Moochin'" stamps....I think I'm going to enjoy working with this character a lot as he's suitable for lots of things and, if you're a bit pushed for time, he really can be coloured and cut out quite quickly.
This time I gave him the crown from the set - but I made sure it went on at a wonky angle! The background of this tag is Liquid Pearls pounced over the surface with a scrunched up piece of shrink wrap - once dried with the heat tool I rubbed Distress inks over the surface to create the effect. You can't tell here, but it gives a lovely pearly shimmer to the surface.
I punched two holes through the tag using a pencil, scruffed the card up a bit and then added more ink as well as around the scuffed edges of the tag itself. A scrap of dictionary paper that has been spritzed with Dylusions inks gave him something to stand on. The message is from my "I've had enough" set and I added some of Tim's paper cord through the tag.
I can't put off getting back to work any longer now! So, I will drain my, now cold, coffee and carry on! Tomorrow will be a rather disrupted day as British Gas are coming to drill holes in the walls and pump the cavity insulation in. I've been told to take anything down that might fall off due to the strong vibrations, so I think I will have two very stressed cats by the end of the day. Still, it might be a bit warmer!
Tomorrow night I'm off up to church just to look at the new puppets that have been purchased and to get some new scripts for Lynne and I to work on in time for the next production. I'll let you know how I get on!
Right, back to work now!