About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Monday 21 January 2013

In the white garden

Bit of a play on words in my post title this evening.....I admit that I do know who Iggle Piggle, Upsy Daisy and Macca Pacca are even though I don't have any children! Derek Jacobi's voice is enough reason to watch "In The Night Garden"!
Anyway, I don't have any pictures of tags etc to show today as it's been too dull to take decent photos of them in any detail, so will try again tomorrow. 
I woke up this morning to a snow covered garden so I thought I'd show you a few pictures that I took through the window of the birds gathering at my cafeteria....today's delights were brown bread, broken biscuits, cheese, pear and apple cores and sunflower hearts.
This was quite an unusual sight, though you may have to enlarge the picture to see them.....
 ......yes, two robins there! They are normally very territorial and I usually only see the one on the left. The slightly smaller one on the wall was really pushing his luck, but they more or less tolerated each other.The bird table looks a fright! It's an old one that dad made that I can see from my work room, but I now have (courtesy of Joanne for my birthday) a new one that is at the side of the house where I can see it when I'm in the conservatory.
Inter species tolerance here......
 .......you should be able to spot "my" robin, a great tit and, just peeking through the twigs, a blue tit! They look as if they are saying "less of the photography, just get more food out!".
And this was the sight that met me this morning when I let Tara and Thomas out - yes, they did go out in the snow! There's my lovely bird table...as you can see from the lack of footprints, I hadn't ventured out to put the food on it at this point!
I'll post some crafty pics tomorrow if the light allows. Thank you for everyone's comments about my new stamps, and stay warm and safe...it feels like it might freeze tonight so I reckon it's going to be a slippery day tomorrow. 
You might like this shot of Tara doing that thing that cats find fun....walking upside down under a chair! 
Very ladylike view of her bum! Really!!!

3 comments:

Paul B said...

Yes we have a cat that does that & drags himself along the bottom of the sofa being a "sofa monster" haha. Don't blame you for not venturing outdoors. I haven't either lol. Pxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love those bird pictures! Those two robins must have really been hungry! We had sun and snow at the same time today!! Hope you are keeping warm! Love, Chrisx

Gez Butterworth said...

Haha! What is it about cats doing that!!! Fab shots. Lovely to hear you have a robin keeping his eye on you :o)) Take care going out today, it's very slippy out there.. We have happy memories of the night garden, but what is it with the Tombliboos keep losing their trousers. That can't be right!!!!! Keep warm, hugs Gez xx