About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Friday 23 March 2012

Grubby fingers!

This is just a quick post after a long day of a real mixture of tasks. I've been making some last minute samples, doing some drawings and then, late this afternoon, getting grubby in the garden! So, if you do happen to be coming to either of my demos this weekend, don't look too closely at my fingers and please excuse all the scratches which, for once, were not caused by Thomas or Tara but by the twigs and thorny stems that I was pulling out today!
The weather's been so gorgeous that it was perfect for making a start on outdoor things. David's done some chopping back of weeds along the wall edges, made a first assault on the ants that have put in an appearance and I don't know what else! I've planted up some tubs which look pathetic at the moment but will hopefully start to fill out in the next couple of weeks, potted up some seeds and given the shrubs at the side of one wall a good cutting back.
Anyway, I'll be at Burnside Garden centre in Thornton tomorrow and Houghton Hall garden centre in Carlisle on Sunday. Mmmmm...two garden centres in one weekend.....will I be able to resist buying some more seeds? Probably not!
Have a great weekend whatever you're doing and make the most of the sunshine while it lasts. I'm off to bed now - it's 11.04pm, but I guess this post will show as being made at 2.34 am or some other ridiculous time!

3 comments:

Redanne said...

Oh Lindsay, I am afraid that I would spend more than I earned if I was going to be at 2 garden centres! This wonderful weathr brings out the worst in me - I even want to spend on things other than craft. Is there any hope for me? Hope you have a lovely time and are not too tempted.

Joanne said...

I am more than happy to read that another of your 'loves' is being achieved, ie. gardening. This weather is so encouraging and gives us all a great big smile. Have a ball this weekend. Go get those seeds girl.
Hugs Joanne xxxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Sounds as though you are having a great time! Go on buy some more seeds - you know you want to! Hope you are having a great weekend! Hope to see you next week, Chrisx