About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Sunday 31 July 2011

Two counties weekend

Hi folks! It's been a very hot, and very fun weekend in Yorkshire and Cheshire. On Saturday I was at Samuel Taylor's in Leeds where I met quite a few familiar faces from when I was there last time, a few years back. I also saw Carol, who was the winner of my first blog quiz a few months ago....I will really try to get another quiz together before too long - promise!
No pictures from Saturday I'm afraid, as I forgot the camera, but I do have a couple to share with you from today when I was at HG Arts & Crafts in Brookside Garden centre in Poynton. It's the Garden Centre that I shared photos from a year and a half ago when David and I went there in the thick snow on his birthday. There is a miniature railway there and so there is also a lot of railway memorabilia, making for a very picturesque setting. My demonstration was in the "Party Suite" which is filled with railway signs etc as you can see here.
Childrens parties are held in here and there is a "throne" for the birthday boy or girl, which apparently also serves as a seat for Santa Claus when he visits the gardens. Needless to say, I was seated on the throne (no rude jokes please!) and when Sheila visited, wearing one of her trademark hats, I was promptly crowned and David took this snap! I was trying to maintain a "regal" expression, but couldn't keep a straight face! It was a really fun day and I hope you all enjoy your new inks, stamps and card. Welcome to the new followers too...keep an eye open for the next quiz as there will be prizes!
Well, it's been a busy week and a half, so I shall sign off now and report back soon...hopefully with questions and goodies to be won. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

What an amazing setting for you to demo in. Glad you had fun.
Hugs Joanne xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a lovely afternoon at Poynton, loads of great tips and inspiration.
Sue, High Peak Derbyshire