About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Friday 29 April 2011

Absent without leave

Hello folks, sorry to have been AWOL this week but have been trying to get through lots of work....magazine projects, Christmas designs (my snowmen are melting as I draw them!) prepping workshops and demonstration samples etc.

Just a reminder that I'll be at Crafts 4 U 2 Do in St Helens tomorrow where it's always a fun day. I'll be demonstrating my some of my new stamp designs as well as some by Darkroom Door, along with Distress Stains, Perfect Pearl Mists and other goodies! Then, on Sunday, I'm at Dawn's Studio to teach two workshops - Fresh Spring cards in the morning and Steampunk style in the afternoon. There are a few places left I think, so do call Topaz Crafts if you'd like to make a last minute booking.

Last weekend I was down at ESK in Eastbourne...you may recall that I was going to have a paddle. Nobody told me that the beach there consists of pebbles and shells (as opposed to sand!) so I took a few ouchy paces into the water, stood there getting a good soak and then a few ouchy paces back to where I had left my sandals! Flip Flops are a must for that beach and I didn't have any - oh well! The weather was fantastic of course and I did a lot of walking on Friday afternoon before a lovely meal and early night (awful hotel, but I won't bore you!) ready for a busy day on Saturday. I must thank Gaynor and Anne for all their hospitality at the store and for the lovely meal we had that evening. I stayed over a second night before trolling home as it's a looong journey, so I didn't have to race to catch a late night train. That Sunday lie in (9am - how decadent!) was really welcome!

Since then I have been head down working, hence my absence on here. Thank you for all the quiz entries...I definitely made this one far too easy, so David will be having to draw a name from the proverbial hat! Shall have to go back to trickier questions next time! I'll announce the winner, and answers, next week, so check back to see if you have won.

There are still a few places available for the workshop day that Amy and I are hosting on the 15th May, so if you fancy joining the fun, just email me for details.

Well, my bags are all packed with inks, stains, stamps and punches, so I'm calling it a day now and going to spend some time relaxing before another busy weekend. Bank Holidays? No idea what they are?!?! Lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay, looking forward to seeing you and David tomorrow....ink, stains and stamps sound fantastic......but punches???? I just hope David has 'The Sign' ready!! :-)See you soon. Much love and big hugs to you both. XXX David. Love S xx