About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Tuesday 2 March 2010

Last weekend....this weekend

Had a great day at Handmade Heaven in Chorley on Saturday. My, everyone is really keen in Chorley! Some of the ladies were outside the door twenty minutes before opening time! Lovely to see many familiar faces as well as ones I hadn't seen before. Thanks to Heather and Sandra for looking after me and keeping me supplied with drinks. I'll be going back there on 10th July. The lovely Joanne and Terry came along and look what I caught Terry trying to smuggle out under his jacket......my Ranger mirror frame! Lol! Not really of course, but it made us all laugh! Nice try Terry! It was great to see Jilly too and I must say to both Joanne and Jilly that, although I couldn't display your cards when I was on QVC this time, I did have them with me, just under the counter, for luck! Thanks again ladies, you are both treasures.Here are a couple of snaps of the box that I made using my new Easter stamps for the QVC show. There was a chocolate egg inside, but it appears to have vanished! I liked the fresh colours of the Martha Stewart papers that I had been sent to use, and it made a nice change from using Christmas designs at last! Apologies for the very dark picture of the inside of the box.Below is a card featuring the scribble cat from my Nature and Flowers triple stamp set which I combined with K&Co Blossomwood papers and Distress inks. The Blossomwood range is gorgeous, very rich and sumptuous but with a very natural feel.

On Saturday evening after the Chorley demonstration David and I drove (well David did!) up to Cockermouth, passing the awe inspiring Bassenthwaite Lake as we neared the small town. We went out to eat but most of the shops and restaurants were, of course, closed up after the terrible floods of last year. An eerie red glow was coming out from the interiors which turned out to be the heaters drying out the buildings. We ended up carrying a takeaway back to the hotel! On Sunday I was demonstrating at Al's, whose original shop had been flooded out and Alison had taken a new shop in Lowther Went shopping centre - a lovely spacious area. Alison and her family were lovely, even serving us home cooked Cottage Pie for lunch! Hello to everyone that we met there, and hope you are all having a go at those Distress backgrounds! That's Alison on the right of the photo below.This coming weekend I'll be at Dawn Bibby's Design Studio - my Fairy Doors workshop on Saturday is fully booked, but I will be confirming details about new classes there, so will post these as soon as possible after the weekend. I'm looking to do more unusual projects in some of the up coming workshops, so do check them out if you fancy coming along and trying something a little different. All the workshops can be booked directly through the shop. I'll also be there all day on Sunday to demonstrate a selection of stamps, Ranger products and Martha Stewart punches...a bit of everything really!
Meantime I'm working on new designs (for a change!) for Personal Impressions and QVC, so lots to keep me out of mischief!
On a more serious note, some of my good friends are going through really rough times just now, so I want to let them know that they are being thought about and that positive things are being sent their way. Lindsay

2 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOWZERS you are always sooo busy. Lovely to see pictures of all the stuff you have been up too.
Please Please please show us pictures of the Fairy Doors when you have done the demo as I would love to make one for my new back garden!!! I have a tree that is shouting out to have a Fairy Door at the bottom of it!!!
Off now to get somwe more sorting out of the stuff here done, Craft stuff is being packed last as I have to keep playing with it!!! LOL
Will emsil my addy to you but have made wee cards too (Organised or what!!!) One is going to wing its way to you.
Takwe Care Love Hazelxox
P.S Sending Healing Vibes to your friends who need them xoxox

Joanne said...

Caught in the act!! DH will have to do more practising I think. I love the pusscat card, even more so as I bought those stamps but haven't used them as yet. Really looking forward to the fairy doors workshop. I'd hoped to be able to use one for my bedroom after 4yrs of having one that didn't close, but hey! DH installed a new one this week, frame and all! Wonders never end. xx