About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Friday 19 March 2010

Hello folks, thought I'd sign in and do a post before the weekend is upon me. I spent the first two thirds of this week working on new designs, including an exciting project that is well and truly in the pipeline now. Then I got onto making samples for this coming weekend's demonstrations. It's a pretty busy weekend as I will be Crafts 4 U 2 Do in St Helens tomorrow, which I know from past experience will be a well attended day - hope to see lots of familiar faces there and some new ones too! I'll have to pack up about ten minutes early tomorrow as David has to take me straight to the station from there so that I can travel up to Washington (Tyne & Wear...not USA!). I won't get there till around 8pm, so it will be just a few hours to relax before bed time and then on Sunday I shall be at Dainty Supplies on Phoenix Rd.I've been using some lovely Hero Arts stamps to create some of my samples. The above was made by stamping the tree, squirrel, owl and hearts onto acetate and then turning it over. I then painted the images using Ranger pens filled with alcohol inks. These are great fun to use as you can keep changing the effects by adding more ink. I mounted the acetate over some new Neatnix paper (these will be available soon - check them out on the PI website) with a strip of torn green paper at the base. Some natural coloured card, a touch of Distress ink and a little circular message stamp brought all the elements together and an alcohol inked ribbon was the finishing touch.
The above card was a quick and simple one using alcohol inks direct to Gloss paper - picked up from my craft sheet. I stamped the Hero Arts images using Archival black ink and added a little extra colour using a Le Plume pen. The border is the Hearts edger and corner punches by Martha Stewart - the effect is so delicate that it almost looks like laser cut work. I kept this card simply matted onto white and lilac with rounded corners.

This last piccie is of my Ranger "Bible" which I made when I was at Ranger U a couple of years ago. The tags all feature different effects and on the back of each is a typed label describing the technique used. It's an invaluable tool that acts as a prompt when I feel low on creativity and a reminder when my memory is having an off day! I always have the tags with me when I demonstrate, so if you do come along to one of my days you can check it out.
So, my bags are all packed up now and I have my pencil and sketch book in there too so that I can carry on with my nw designs whilst I'm on the train! Lindsay

3 comments:

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Lindsay, two very beautiful creations. You certainly are getting out-and-about a lot these days. Just wish you were getting closer to me as it seems ages since I last saw you in October at Dawn's shop for my 40th. I look forward to seeing your updates on your blog and seeing your ideas. Your book has come in useful many times lately. Take care, best wishes, Kym xxx

Joanne said...

Enjoy your busy weekend but get some rest inbetween. xx

Gez Butterworth said...

Have a safe journey Lindsay & lots of fun. Looking forward to joining you for the Ranger techniques in July. Can't get a babysitter for the others boohoo...but will pop over on the Sunday's. Best wishes, Gez.xx