About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Saturday 24 October 2009

An inky day

I have multi coloured fingers this evening as I've been using Distress and Alcohol inks this afternoon to get some ATC's and background papers ready for my demonstration tomorrow at Dawn Bibby's Design Studio. Messy and fun! Hope to see some of you there and, if you're early, you can swap one of my new ATC's - bit of a Halloween theme on some of them, with orange and black Alcohol inks. I'll get some photos tomorrow - it was horribly dark here today, but that Autumn, cosy feel was nice too. Talking of which, the clocks go back tonight so it's a lie in and coming home in the dark tomorow....ugh!
Anyway, here are just a few pictures to liven up this post! The first one was taken at the QVC event in London, and is of my template kit with just a few of the samples that I made.

The card on the right features paper from the K & Co Winter Wonderland pack. I simply watercolour stamped two birds from my Swirly Birds clear set (PICS013) and added gem stones for their eyes. What, literally, tied this card together was the combination of purple and blue sheer ribbon which picked up on the colours in the paper. Simple, but I liked this one!

The last one shows two examples of the fairy cards which were one of the workshops that I taught at the QVC event. The backing papers are from My Minds Eye and are really easy to work with as they are double sided and have a nice mix of patterns and plain. The cards feature images from my Fairy Silhouette clear stamp set. Hope you like them, Lindsay

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow at Dawn's.

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great day today Lindsay. I'll hopefully get to see you soon! Love these samples. Well done on the QVC kit. Looks really good - makes me wish I was better at cutting out!!! Take care.
Love S xxx
ps I've taken part in heather's ATC swap - forgot to take a piccy of mine though! But they are very scary!!

Joanne said...

Gorgeous cards Lindsay, especially the blue birds. Can't make tomorrow, T. has a bad back but hope to come to the demo next weekend, if I've got the right date. Must make a few ATCs myself then! Luv Joanne xxx

Heather said...

Very much like the Swirly Birds card, Lindsay - very classy looking!

Unknown said...

Me again! Loved your demo yesterday. I made a card using your inky background technique. Not as good as yours, but it's my first attempt! Thanks for sharing the idea.