About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Friday 14 June 2013

More festive previews...

Just time to post some more stamp previews before getting myself ready for travelling to Chester-Le-Street for my demo on Saturday."More stamp previews?" you ask......if so, you haven't looked at my previous post from this morning! I'll be showcasing all my new stamp sets here over the next few days and this is the second selection. Some are from my Doo Lally Pip collection and others are from the general Crafty Impressions range - all from personal Impressions of course.
Okay, here we go then! A Doo Lally Pip set to start with, and this one is called "Santa's Helpers" (CICSA6087)........
 ......I wanted these characters to be somewhere between cute and grungy! There's lots of shading detail on these images, as I know that's always useful for anyone who struggles with where to add shade when colouring in. I thought "Bah Humbug!" suited the elf...he's not exactly overjoyed at the prospect of sorting all those toys out and I think the fairy would rather be wearing her tom boy clothes and bovver boots!
Also from the Doo Lally Pip range, but rather less quirky, this set was designed in response to requests from the ladies that I spent the day with at A Maze of Memories in Long Crendon. Hope it suits ladies!
 
The set is called "Faith Gives you Wings" (CICSA6105) and I know that I'll be using this a lot to add wings to all sorts of things, especially now that I've decided my new mantra is "on a wing and a prayer".
Next a set called "Oh Deer!" (CICSA6112).....

 ....you'll have to crane your necks round to see the five reindeer faces in a row! Talk about big ears and a big nose! And please excuse the terrible puns.....!
Now for two sets from the Crafty Impressions range. The first one is called "Snowy Scenes" (CICSA6090) and I drew this one as a follow up to Build a Snowy Scene that I designed, not last year, but the year before....I can hardly believe it was so long ago! That set has been a really popular one and this one is in the same vein to be used alone or in conjunction with the original stamps if you have them.
 They are quite dainty images that will all work together to produce endless winter scenes when used with a little masking and, of course, are the perfect excuse for me to make some Distress inky skies!
The final Christmas set for this post is called "Winter Critters" (CICSA6092) and features a range of wildlife characters with trees, snowflakes, holly and stars thrown in for good measure.....
 .....star gazing hares, a moonstruck fox, a chubby robin and a whopping great deer! These will all work well dotted around a snowy card - I can see them poking up from various layers of torn paper snow drifts.
There are a couple of non Christmas sets in my new releases so I'll include one of those here. I really enjoyed drawing this creepy character! The set is called "Fright Night" (CICSA6126) and is from the Doo Lally Pip collection. 

Mr Pumpkinhead is obviously a Halloween character, but I know that we art journal devotees don't care about things like seasons and themes, so I'll be using him way beyond October! I don't need much of an excuse to add my black gem spiders to a project, but this set will suit them perfectly.
Well, that rounds off new stamp preview number two. I will be back with more after the weekend. 
The rain has been torrential here today, with water literally bouncing a foot high off the pavements and gushing down the streets. I could hardly see across the road and I got caught out in it too which was no fun. I was drenched through and have had to have the heat on this afternoon to dry off my jacket, boots and handbag. I am hoping that this is the reason that my mobile (complete with new battery) decided to go completely bonkers whilst I was out and, without me knowing, began making phone calls on its own! Weird! So, apologies if your number is in my phone and you had one or more silent calls from me - it wasn't intentional! I'm hoping that, now it's dried out, it will behave itself or I could become very unpopular!

3 comments:

Diane said...

OOOOOh love the winter critters !! Can't wait to see your samples of all these fab stamps !!

hugs Diane xx

misteejay said...

Fabulous sets Lindsay. Lots of super Christmas ones but I do love Mr Pumpkinhead.

Toni xx

Anonymous said...

Great designs Lindsay...can't even begin to choose my favourite...I want them all!
Christina xx A Maze of Memories