About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Monday 15 October 2012

Crafts Beautiful project

I've been pretty rubbish at blogging this week what with no creative pictures to share. So, I thought I'd show you the project that I did for this month's Crafts Beautiful magazine.     
I used a selection of Darkroom Door stamps with various techniques to get the rich autumn colours that I wanted. If you'd like to check out the magazine, it's the November issue.           
I'm no happier with this "new improved" blogger thingy than I was. The pictures just won't play ball and keep skitting around and instead of going in the centre they go to the side...gggrrrr! So please ignore the bad layout of my posts these days. I do try.
Hello to all the ladies who came to see me at Weavervale on Saturday. It was a busy old day and I'm still finding glitter everywhere!
My work in the garden has been stopped again due to the wet weather we've had here. Well, it's rained on the days I had free and been okay on the days when I have to work - of course! It's getting pretty chilly up here lately too and, as I have a definite shortage of warm clothes, I decided it was time to get a couple of things. Being the inveterate bargain hunter that I am, I did the round of charity shops in the village and, as Monday is market day, I checked out the stalls too. I did pretty well, and for very little money indeed I came back with two cardigans (Per Una ones at that!), a sweater and a warm jacket for when I'm travelling...I don't really like thick coats but I've spent some very chilly times waiting for trains in cold stations.
I picked up a couple of new shower cremes as well....with the colder weather I like to abandon the fresh, zesty limes and lemons in favour of Shea butters, ginger and warm spicy aromas. Psychological nonsense really!
I also got my new diary which is always something of a  ritual. It has to be just the right kind with the layout I'm used to, with enough room for all  my scribbles and able to stand up to lots of crossings out when work dates get changed. Mind you, having said that, I've gone for a slightly smaller one than usual so I'm being a bit daring! I've got lots of dates to write in there for 2013 already and I was having trouble scrawling them into the back of this year's diary - I always start writing everything in very neatly but it will soon descend into a scribbly mess as usual.
One of my neighbours brought some plants over for me too, after he'd been tidying his garden and digging a few things out. So I've got a fairly large daisy type bush (very specific!) to find a spot for, as well as some Irises and another anonymous plant that I know has a lovely purpley blue flower. Hopefully there will be a sunny half hour tomorrow for me to get them planted out. 
Tara is getting much more relaxed at last, though not with Thomas I'm sad to say - she still despises him! However, she's been lying next to me on the sofa with her little, short legs pressed up against me and has been purring quite loudly. Good to know that she's feeling happier even if she does hate having the feline version of Jethro Clampett living in the same house! (Giving my age away there!)
Well, I'm feeling quite warm now, snuggled in my PJ's, woolly cardigan and fluffy socks - that conjures up a glamorous image I know. So, I think I'll sign off now and get a reasonably early night for once. I dare say this post will look like a dogs dinner again thanks to the newly improved nonsense, but never mind.

7 comments:

Redanne said...

Loving your makes for Crafts Beautiful, may just have to go out and buy it to see how you did the little frame.... Hope you have a good week. A x

Paul B said...

Great crafts Lindsay, beautiful colours. Especially like the fibres you've used. Love the idea of changing your shower cremes depending on the seasons. It's not just me who has quirky rituals then haha. Makes perfect sense though. And there's nowt wrong with wearing comfy clobber at home. I think we all have a set of clothes like that. I certainly do and there'll never be any photographic evidence of it haha. Enjoy the rest of your week and hope to see you Friday. Pxx

Artyjen said...

Gorgeous projects Lindsay ;) Love the sunsets so beautiful.
xoxo Sioux
P.S. There is nothing like relaxing in you own home in comfy clobber! LOL

Anonymous said...

Stunning projects Lindsay; the colours are so beautiful.

Your diary story made me smile as I'm exactly the same! In fact, I write in pencil so I can rub out instead of crossing out as I can't stand the untidiness! OCD or what!!
xx

Rachel Greig said...

Love your projects Lindsay! The sunset behind the trees looks amazing!! :)

Joanne said...

What truly beautiful projects. I don't like Autumn with everything dying and the prospects of long cold days to come, but I absolutely adore the colours it brings. You've captured those perfectly. I didn't know that wearing comfy clobber was just for when you're at home, I wear comfy all the time - and some of it is over 30yrs old!!!! My hand knitted black face sheep wool aran cardi for instance......
Hugs Joanne xxx

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

Hi I have found you through a card I saw on the Docraft site by Redanne, who I have just spotted in your comments, Hi there. Love your work for the November Mag, can't wait to receive mine especially now I will recognise your work in it. By the way, I find if you download your pictures individually you have more control over them, and you have to carriage return to give them gaps to go into. Sam