About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Monday 6 February 2012

me & my Elves...

It's been a busy, but fun day here. This morning I was joined by my sister, Heather and our good friend Joanne, who both came along to help me make samples for the trade show in a couple of weeks. We all sat in my workroom so you may imagine how much chattering went on amidst the creativity!
Joanne was busy inking, colouring and cutting out whilst Heather got busy with paints and canvasses and I supervised....no! Not really! I was stamping images to adhere to the canvasses. Good team work! My two elves' hard work and great company were much appreciated and made the task of making numerous cards, tags, journal pages and canvasses seem less daunting. Thank you girls! Heather brought a pack of crumpets round and David kept us supplied with hot drinks... I think he was keen for us to have the crumpets so we would stop talking, even if for only ten minutes or so!
Not quite sure why I was pulling this face, but it seems to work at disguising the extra chins, so I may well be pulling it again!
Here we are, posing at our workstations and Joanne (who doesn't even have any extra chins) suggested we do the old "face resting on hands" pose, though Heather didn't have much room to rest her elbows on the table as you can see! We had a great time and got lots of work done too. What a lovely way to spend the day.
Tomorrow I'll be making more samples, working my way through all the new stamps, then breaking off at 5pm to watch the QVC hour - Crafting for Men. Tomorrow evening I'll post pictures of the cards I made for the show and would love to know what you think of the new stamps - good or bad! (but hopefully good!)
.

3 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Lovely pics of you and your elves - still trying to squint to get a sneaky peek Bah! failed again!!
Hugs Chrisx

Joanne said...

Oh crumbs! why do I keep getting these bits of dust in my eyes! That there Heather made THE most super samples and I just sat there thinking how on earth I could make anything worthy. I've been privileged to see the ones made to date and am amazed - truly. I see some super workshops in the making. Told you 2012 was a GOOD year.
Big Hugs Joanne xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh I bet you had a whale of a time, Looks like great fun, Hxx