About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Thursday 19 May 2011

Oooh I do like this feeling!

That sounds much more interesting than it is! But the feeling that I have just now is of jobs being done. My stamp designs are on their way to Personal Impressions today, which always feels great. I have made samples for this weekend and my bags are packed apart from a couple of clothing and my specs! It does feel nice.
Tomorrow I'll be trolling down to Haddenham & Thame via Leamington Spa which should give me some lovely scenery to look at on the way. I'm planning on a tootle around Thame, well more of a long walk really, with window shopping thrown in! Then I'll be at A Maze of Memories all day on Saturday where I'll be demonstrating and hosting Make n Take sessions. I'm looking forward to it as Christina, her staff and customers are really lovely, friendly and enthusiastic.
On Saturday evening I'll be carrying on down to Reading for my Sunday at the local Hobbycraft, where I'll be doing a Ranger demonstration as part of their discounted papercraft weekend. So, a busy few days ahead but I know it will be a lot of fun.
Talking of fun, as promised, her is a closer look at one of the cards that I made for the workshop last Sunday. This card used a fair few techniques! The main card was covered with a Distress Stained sheet from the Kraft Resist paper stash....I used Broken China in this case.
I then used PI's fabby dabby cardstock (gloriously named PIP300CWH) as the base for the panel - if you haven't tried this card, do ask your craft shop to order some for you...it's incredible stuff. I stamped some areas with Snow Cap acrylic paint using a Tim Holtz foliage design. I mixed up several Mini Misters with Distress Re-Inker and a scoop of Perfect Pearls powder, added water, shook (lid on first of course.....I know you were trying to catch me out there!) and spritzed these, one colour at a time, over the card. I lightly dabbed each layer to remover the ink from the painted areas. Next I smudged Distress inks over the card and used a damp tissue to remove the ink from the acrylic again.Next came stamping, and I used a scroll stamp and the words stamp from Tim Holtz, before matting onto book paper and attaching to the card front.
The Tim Holtz bird and Darkroom Door butterflies were stamped onto white and Distress inked before cutting out. I "Glossy Accented" a Charm Fragment over book paper and attached a pearl bauble before sticking to the card with 3D foam and sticking the bird and butterflies into place. A simple cord tied round the spine was the finishing touch.
This next card is just a bit of fun (?) really!! Doing the "bingo splats" with Distress Stains gave me the idea for Vampirish red ones, so I combined my Castle stamp with images from Andy Skinner's Gothic stamp set. I used Stains again for the background but also to colour the images. Some enthusiastic splatting added the blood stains! I used Tissue tape around the card as well as letters cut from one of Tim's stashes.
It's not a great card, but as I said, just a bit of fun that might appeal to the Vampire fans! I'm sure I'll come up with a better design on the same theme when I have some more time to think about it!
Well, just a quick post really to say that I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. Looking forward to seeing some of you of course. I'm off to relax a bit now!

6 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wooh! Scareeee!! Your lovely castle stamp too! There was I thinking splatting my stains was something I'd thought of (did some on a journal page on Monday)..satisfying though isn't it? Love the first card, but don't think I'd ever manage anything like that - I'd just be asking for trouble!!
Have a lovely weekend - hope you get to look around!
Love to you both, Chrisx
p.s.and a tickle behind the ears to Thomasx

Joanne said...

So glad you put the details down for the first card. I was racking my little brain trying to remember all the techniques. I love that card so much. The vampire one is great too although you don't think so. I love that Andy stamp and nearly bought it a couple of weeks ago, it also goes really well with your castles and is a defo for Halloween.
Enjoy your trip. Hope David and Thomas are good while you are away.

big hugs Joanne xxxx

Artyjen said...

Love 'em both! Great cards. Thanks for the hugs...I'm much better today. BTW I had a perfect pearls near disaster the other day as I opened it upside down...eeek! Luckily most of the powder was sitting there like a sandcastle and I managed to get the bottom back on!!! I wish the words Perfect Pearls were on the top lid instead!!! HOL Have a fabby weekend yourself
xoxo Sioux

SusieJ said...

I'm loving that vampire card (yes, I'm going through a vampire stage - began with Twilight and moved on to the Black Dagger Brotherhood - sigh, if only they were real!lol).
So looking forward to Saturday too. :)
Hugs xx

Handmade by Elaine said...

hiya, oooh love these cards wish we could have to come the workshop looks like I missed some really inky fun, don't think mum would have been to happy with inky fingers though hehe:)
hope to see you soon
Take care
Elx

Fab said...

Looooove your cards Lindsay and that's why I had to feature one on my website papermood.com ! I can't wait to see your new stamp range. Very excited for you ! Hugz xoxoxo Fab