About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Wednesday 9 February 2011

Mystery sneak peek!

Evening everyone, well, it's just gone 10pm, so I should say Night everyone I suppose! It's been a busy day here with sample making and parcels coming with products for me to make them from, all leading up to Stitches in just over a week's time, as well as my demonstration at Martin's Cards & Crafts in Liverpool this Saturday.
As promised here are a couple of photos of some of the things that we did at my workshops last Saturday. These are two of the cards that I used as samples and feature Tim Holtz images stamped onto coated gloss card. You'll notice that I've got quite into twine at the moment, as well as those addictive little bottles of Liquid Pearls! Everyone made variations on my samples and there were some really lovely creations...which I didn't get to take pictures of...darn! The afternoon class was using various Ranger products to make jewellery pieces as you can see below. The little Idea-ology clip at the top of the fourth piece from the left means that it can be unclipped to hang a different pendant. We simply used ribbons and cords for the workshop pieces, but if you're using a chain it's very handy being able to have just the one and swap the actual pendants over. The first three pieces are made with UTEE (the first one edged with Beadazzles), the fourth one is a Memory Capsule with a stamped background and tiny shells enclosed. The Gorjuss Girl image is adhered behind a Facet using Glossy Accents with an Idea-ology Bauble hanging from it and Martha Stewart Micro beads edging it. (This piece is one of the items featured in my project for the March issue of Crafts Beautiful which is out now - so I think I'm okay to post this picture!). The floral brooch uses handpainted silk fabric and sticky backed canvas edged with....you guessed it....Liquid Pearls! The centre is made using the Epiphany Button Maker. This brooch is a very simple one and can be made with most fabrics - they're an ideal project if you are making items for sale at fairs being both inexpensive and relatively quick to make. Leaves could also be added, beads used in the centre etc.Now for the mystery sneaky peek! Mmmm, wonder what this can be? Well, it is something that I'm working on for Stitches and the fact that I'm using the cover card from an almost used Vintage Shabby paper stash is not significant at all. I have some creative pals helping me with this project, so will reveal what it is when it is all done. Looks pretty awful at this stage I have to say! Good thing I have faith that it will all turn out fine!! I must, before I sign off, mention that Heather is without her computer at the moment. It went off this week and she is waiting for her techy friend to call round and give it an emergency check up and possible operation! So, she asked me to say hello to everyone and explain why she may not have replied to any emails or posted on her blog or left any comments. Hopefully, she'll be back on line soon.
Okay, well, I am off now as it's been a long day. There seems to be a glimmer everywhere, and I'm not sure if it's my tired eyes or, more likely, the glint of glitter and micro beads that I have managed to leave around the place today! Well, you know what it's like! Lindsay

3 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

awe, your cards & jewellery look stunning..soooooo wish I could have come! I am hoping to have a touchy feely of She's wonderful creations really soon ;) Oooh your sneak peak can't be enlarged! Off to find my glasses!! Take care Lindsay..sending you & David BIG (hugs) Please pass my regards onto to Heather & don't work too hard.XXXX

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay...........oh that sneaky peak made me smile :-) I had such a fantastic weekend (I know I keep saying it!) Can't believe really how much we got done!!! Love my Jewellery pieces. Give my love to Heather and sending you and David lots of love and big hugs. See you soon. S xxx

Joanne said...

I can't wait to be able to book a workshop again and make something with you. I was wondering how a certain something would come together. After the sneak peek I can realise it. I miss Heather and her ATC challenges, so hope everything is sorted soon.
Mwah, to you both
xxxx