About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Friday 17 December 2010

Christmas card apologies...

Here's the thing. I made almost all of my cards. I used A4 folded card. I added a small gem to each. I tied a ribbon round each spine. No bow. Just tied it round. I used my Post Office size guide. I pushed a card through the standard slot. It went through. I tried a second one. It went through. It didn't struggle. Just went through. I stuck the stamps on. David posted them.
How sublimely simple that was. Or, at least, I thought it was. Today I had to send a few parcels, plus a couple more of my cards as described above and some that I had made seperately. These were thicker cards so I knew they would need large letter stamps. The nice man at the Post Office took everything off me and said he'd price each item and stick all the stamps on for me (I must have looked even more tired than I feel!). He did all the parcels and then moved on to the cards. "All of these are large letter rate" he said. "What?", said I. "I've just posted all my cards with ordinary stamps on....they went through the slot.". "Well, they don't go through my slot" said he. I felt like telling him just what he could shove through his slot, I can tell you!
The upshot is that, if the postman/sorter is feeling all Christmassy and charitable, you may just get your lovingly made Christmas card from David and I. If, on the other hand, he is related to a certain seasonal Dickensian character, you may just get a card from the postman requesting your presence at the local sorting office where you will be asked to part with at least a pound of your hard earned money to retrieve something which may, or may not be, our card to you. I say may, or may not, as it's as likely to be a card from anyone who is as confused as I am about how the Post Office decide what will and will not cost less than a side of salmon to deliver these days.
Annoyed? Me? Never been known. Lindsay

4 comments:

SusieJ said...

Been there, done that!
Just to be safe I put a large stamp on all my cards this year - couldn't face the queues at our post office.
Sue xx

Joanne said...

I've had that too. My post office said, mine's a metal measure, I bet you've got one of those cardboard ones. Well yes I have but the post office issued it!!!!!!
Luv Joanne xx

Artyjen said...

'Tis a veritable nightmare the postage costs now!
You did make me smile though! :)
xoxo Sioux

crafty card fairy said...

Hi Lindsay - just wanted to wish you and David a wonderful Christmas and a very happy new year. Hope to meet up with you again some time in 2011 (met you at Dawn's Residential this year). Best wishes and love, Yvonne xx