About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Wednesday 9 December 2009

Only words!

After all the photos on my last post, this one is going to be picture-less! It's been over a week too which is shocking. This is such a busy time for everyone of course though, myself included, as I am still working on new designs and demonstration samples.

I've been really enjoying "looking" at Tim's twelve tags of Christmas and also seeing pictures of how some of you are interpreting them and being inventive with what stash you have. Just wish I had time to join in, but I'm making mental notes of Tim's latest techniques to use on my demonstrations of course!

Well, what have I been up to since I last posted? On Saturday David and I were at Top Barn Crafts in Wrexham where I was demonstrating. This is (as I have mentioned before) a great spot to visit as, along with Top Barn Crafts, there are gift and clothing shops, cafe, restaurant as well as stunning scenery. It was a very enjoyable day, and I tried to cram in as many techniques as I could. I really find those sort of days challenging (in a good way!) where I am using a certain number of materials and mediums and then have to keep showing new and different ways to use them. David was so engrossed in what I was doing that he didn't take any pictures!!! So, hello to everyone that I met there and thank you to Theresa for organising things so well.

On Sunday I was at Dawn's Design Studio and had a fun day demonstrating as well as helping to make some samples for QVC whilst I was there. They are having a special event next weekend with bargains, make n takes, demonstrations as well as mince pies and mulled wine. Amy and Dawn will be there on Saturday and it will be Dawn and myself on Sunday. Included in other pre Christmas bargains all my Christmas wooden and unmounted stamps are on a special offer now too! I'll also be there the following weekend for my last demonstrations of the year.

This Saturday I'll be up at Dainty Supplies near Chester-Le-Street with lots of differet inking techniques, so pop in if you are in that vivinity.

I did manage to send Heather "something" for her latest swap! I really thought that I wasn't going to manage it and must aplogise to whoever receives my creations as they are probably not up to my usual standard!

4 comments:

angie's blogspot said...

Hi Lindsay, same here busy busy busy, not even wrote a card yet, and I've still some to make! I will try and pop in Dawns this sunday and will say Hi to you if I can make it. xx

Joanne said...

Glad you are feeling better and enjoying your travels. If we are around the Sunday after next - may have to go to Yorkshire - I will try and come to Dawn's but no promises. Can't wait for demos from you using Tim's tag techniques from this year. xx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Lindsay, heaven's above you have been busy. Just wondering if you got my thank you card I sent to Dawn's for you? Best wishes, Kym xxx

Gez Butterworth said...

Looking forward to seeing more of your demo's too Lindsay. I'm soooo excited as I was lucky enough to book on to your Fairy Doors class for March next year...woohoo. Just a little bit excited! Take care. Happy crafting. Gez.xx