About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Tuesday 18 August 2009

Room with a view, talented ladies & Matthew!

Here are one or two piccies as promised. Unfortunately I didn't get to take any of the cards that I made for Saturday's workshop with the failing batteries in my camera, but here are all the ladies on the class proudly holding their wonderful creations!They did really well with the Distress inks and blended some gorgeous sky effects - I think some of them quite surprised themselves! It was a lovely, messy workshops with inky fingers all round and - great fun!
Next is the room with a view, which in this case, was the view from our hotel room in Scarborough. We were so close to the sea, it was lovely. Being born and brought up at the seaside I sometimes don't apreciate how much I miss it until I can smell the salty air. And I couldn't resist showing you the Koon Koon pig from the animal sanctuary near Filey. Doesn't he look handsome in his "leopard" print coat?!
Lastly, here is Matthew. Who is Matthew I hear you ask? Well, that is the name I have given to our poorly pigeon......I said that he looked like an oven ready chicken and he doesn't look like a Bernard, so....Matthew it is! I shall give you regular reports on his progress. He has been visiting each day for his seed and peanuts and has now started to get a little more feisty, batting the other birds with his wing to keep the away from his food whilst propping himself up on the other one. He was preening his feathers today and seemed to be wondering just where his tail had gone!

This picture shows his good side and though his wings are folded back here you can just see where his tail used to be. His back and neck feathers are coming through and, if his leg doesn't get infected, I think he may just be the comeback kid!

I have been making sample cards today for my demonstration at Card Craft in Lancaster on saturday, so have got rather sparkly hands now! Yes, the glitter has been wafting around the balmy air and turning plain penguins into little dandies in sparkly black evening dress! Do pop along if you live in the area and...don't forget your ATC's for swapping.

Right, I am off to catch up with a few emails now before a relaxing evening watching a (hopefully) good film. Will post pictures of my latest cards very soon. Lindsay

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Oh! I so wanted to come to that workshop but when noon came I knew I wasn't getting a phone call to attend. I shall be away for the Sept. one so looks like I've missed out altogether. Never mind, I shall keep practising what I know to date and wait for one I can attend. Got my fingers crossed for Matthew. But hey! are you sure he is a he??
xx

Mrs Mac said...

Oh poor Matthew!!!

There is one in the park near us who can't walk or take off properly. He just sits. Well, flollops, really. He takes off and flutters like a hen- doesn't get far. We think he either has arthritis in his legs or maybe they broke and didn't heal right. Anyway he is doing really well as everyone takes pity on him so he looks great and is quite plump from all the food he gets thrown. LOL!

When I saw yours was a Matthew I wondered if you thought Matt for Matted. Hehe! Hope he keeps ok :)

Sarah McCrossan said...

Hello Lindsay & David,
Hope that you are well?
Sorry I didn't make it over to see you on Saturday I was busy with prep and visiting my nana and granddad.
I heard some lovely comments about your class, well done the cards look lovely as usual!
Talk Soon, big huggs to you both, Love Sarah xxx

Sharon Noble said...

Hi Lindsay all i can say is thank you for your beautiful stamps i tried my hand at drawing today and i am finding that die cuts and stamps are essential for untalented people like myself *giggles* If you have time pop along to my blog i can guarantee you will get a good giggle.
I am sorry i missed you at Dawn's this year pennies are short so never made the yearly visit.
hugs Sharon xx