About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Friday 24 October 2014

Little breather!

Hello folks, I'm just taking a coffee break from working so I thought I'd do a catch up before getting back into my Doo Lally room. I've been painting, gluing, cutting, buffing and waxing for all I'm worth....my hands are a sight to behold I can tell you!
This is such a frenetic time of year of course and I feel as if I'm playing catch up the whole time, prepping for demonstrations, workshops and shows - as well, of course, as the stall that I'm having in December on our village Christmas Market!
Tomorrow I'll be off to Daisy's Jewels and Crafts in Coventry so I've been trying to cram everything I need into my tote bag...not always an easy task! I've been doing quite a bit of die cutting too, bagging up alphabets, flowers, birds etc. My bags are just about sorted ready for tomorrow now but I had to make sure that I left out the things that I need for what that I'm making for the rest of the afternoon. Here's one of the pieces that I will be going back to once I've finished my coffee.....
....that's all I'm giving away at the moment! There was a bit of sanding going on too which is not my most favourite task.
The piece in the next photo is now finished and packed into my bag for tomorrow's demo day....
....as you can see, my workspace was also cat free. Thomas has taken to lounging on my table whether there is room for him on there or not! He drinks my paint water, scratches up my craft sheet, knocks things on the floor and sits on whatever I'm trying to work on. I guess he just wants to be near his mum but there's a limit! Thankfully it's been a dry and mainly sunny day today so he's been happy to be outside.
Next week is the start of the real craziness in my diary - on Friday I travel down to Wellingborough ready for the demo event at Coleman's Craft Warehouse in Rushden,where I'll be working with my Christmas stamps and the new Deco Art Media Misters which are just gorgeous. On the Sunday I will be teaching a workshop (places still available) using these same products.
I've a long journey home and get back late on Sunday night when a good night's sleep will be just what the doctor ordered.On Monday afternoon I'll be heading into Blackpool to meet up with my sister ahead of our evening at the Grand Theatre where we are going to be seeing a production of Madam Butterfly - I can't wait! The tickets were a birthday treat for me from Heather and she has never been to an opera before...I know she's dubious but I'm sure she will love it. I know that I will!
Tuesday evening will see me heading into Blackpool for a second time - this time to the famous Tower Ballroom....not to see Strictly Come Dancing, but to hear John Sentamu, the Archbishop of York, talking about his life in Uganda and his life now - I'm really looking forward to that.
Wednesday will see me loaded up like a donky, taking the train to Birmingham ready for the Hobbycrafts show at the NEC on the Thursday-Sunday. I really enjoy this show...it's very hard work, constantly talking to people, showing techniques and projects as well doing the occasional coffee or sandwich run or manning the till - but it's also great fun and the excitement of so many people all wanting to be creative is infectious. Hope to see lots of you there...I'll be on the Card-io stand, number A17.
I think I'll be ready for a long sleep when I get back! I'll certainly be happy to see my two furry friends who will, no doubt, be sulking. I do hate leaving them for more than a day, but my neighbour pops in to feed and let them out as well as generally keeping an eye on things for me, so I know they will be fine. Even though they don't get on (well, more accurately, Tara dislikes Thomas!) I have the feeling that they enjoy having each other as company when I'm not there.
So, that's what's in store for me for the next week or two! I've also just confirmed a new demonstration date which is the 27th November, when I'll be at the Craft Range in Burnley for the evening along with several other designers and demonstrators. I'm not sure exactly what I'll be doing but it will definitely be themed around Christmas gifts and decorations.
Well, the coffee is supped and there's no excuse not to carry on with work now so I shall say cheerio and leave with one of my "this time last year" photos - although this one was this time two years ago!
Probably best not to ask! Have a great weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Paul B said...

Have a great time Lindsay. It certainly sounds as if your feet aren't going to touch the ground for the next week or so :) Pxx