About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Thursday 30 October 2014

Calm before the storm

If it's not done now it isn't getting done! That's the point I'm at now...samples done and bags packed for my journey to Wellingborough tomorrow, ahead of the demo day at Coleman's Warehouse in Rushden on Saturday. A list is made of the last few bits and pieces that have to be packed, ready to be ticked off in the morning as things go into the bags. I also have a large pile of things that are stacking up in readiness for the Hobbycrafts show at the NEC next week and my head is spinning with remembering which things are for which event! It's something of a military operation but my lists do help!
Of course, not travelling by car means that I have to try and pack a lot into a small space, but that does hone the skills of knowing what is really needed and what will, in all probability, not be used. I have my packing down to a fine art, but, even for me, getting everything I'll need for the NEC into my bags is going to be a tough one....oh heck....I just remembered that I'll need five days worth of clothes too! Gulp!
This is a photo from a year ago today.....
....last year I was making dimensional projects using Sizzix dies for the NEC show. This year I will be using Sizzix dies again, but combining them with lots of other products to create things that would be great as Christmas gifts or decorations.
Several people have been asking if I'll be putting any new items up on my Etsy shop "shelves"....I will, but not for another week or two as I've just been too busy to get anything made specifically for my shop. Please check back in a week or so!
Well, this is a really short post and short on photos too, but I've been working since the crack of dawn and I'm feeling pretty tired and in need of some relaxation time to unwind and recharge my batteries. Hope to see some of you on Saturday!

1 comment:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Guessing by now you are home! Hope you had a fab weekend! Chris