About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Friday 27 April 2012

How calm am I now?!

Well, at least for the time being, as I'm being told that I will have to face up to the new blogger look pretty soon. Still, at least I can post without getting blue in the face for the moment!

So, first of all, I must share this rather odd picture with you as I promised somebody that I would! I mentioned in a previous post that there was another way of using Glue n Seal and here it is....doesn't look very exciting I know, but I haven't had a chance to do anything but this little test piece that I did at Sir Stampalot last weekend. As I said, this came about because of a question, by Debbie Maybank who had come to my demonstration. Debbie asked if the Glue n Seal could be applied to a stamp and I had to admit that I hadn't tried it.
I was doubtful that it would sit well on the stamp surface, so I use my finger tip to very gently tap the medium onto the image so that it wouldn't go into the recesses. I picked a pretty small stamp! It's the number 4 from my Alpadigit block in case you can't figure it out!
Anyway, as you can, hopefully, see, it did work. I wouldn't think it would be great for a very detailed image, but for things like swirls, or more abstract stamps it's fine. Simply dip your finger into the Glue n Seal, tap it lightly over the stamp then print onto card. Heat set the image and blend over the card with Distress inks to create a "ghost" effect. Pretty good and I'll post pics of any more samples I make using this technique.
Now Heather has beaten me to showing you these cards! That's okay though. They are two of the cards that I made for this weekend's demonstrations. SPritzing with Distress ReInkers and Perfect Pearl Mists through Crafter's Workshop stencils created the backgrounds and I used my Emily & Steampunk Sarah stamp set (PICSA6285) as well as the poster from Andy Skinner's Circus set (ASCSA5013) as well as some TH Idealogy pieces. Hope you like! It's been a lots nicer here today - no rain and a decent amount of sunshine but I couldn't get out into the garden as there was work to be done indoors, mostly typing things up...not my favourite job! I will sign off now as it's time to relax before an early night and a 6.00 am start to my day getting to Samuel Taylor's in Leeds tomorrow. Hope to see some of you there. For anyone in Lancaster tomorrow, do call at Card Craft for the opportunity to see Andy Skinner on one of his rare visits to the North West...well worth the effort to go along I can promise you.
Have a great weekend whatever you are up to and it's another shout out to Jenny R to claim her Candy!

3 comments:

misteejay said...

Love the cards Lindsay.

The old format Blogger is sooooooooooo much nicer - thank you for the instructions - it is lovely to be calm, even if it is only for a limited period.

Toni xx

Redanne said...

Great technique with the glue and seal, must away and try that. Your cards are gorgeous, love Steampunk Sarah particularly. Have a great weekend of craft!

Lynn said...

I'm not happy with the changes either but didn't realise that I could revert back. I've resisted the changes because I was happy with the old editor format and didn't want to learn any 'new tricks' but suddenly one day the decision was taken out of my hands and I was in uncharted territory. I assumed that time had run out and it was no longer possible to stick with 'old faithful' - I haven't posted on my blog since but may now consider reverting back. Thanks for the info.

Lynn x