About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Thursday 30 May 2013

Painting progress

Thanks everyone, for the lovely emails that I received over the last couple of days. They were filled with warm wishes and I just want to assure you that I'm doing okay in general, getting on with everything and becoming involved with new things. The love that David and I shared runs through me like the words in a stick of rock, so, that will never change or wane. It's as much a part of me as the blood in my veins.
Yesterday was my time for contemplation and today was a fresh page of course. No gardening - it was cold and rainy here, although now the sun is blazing down again! I've been doing some more work on the painting that I showed you the start of a few posts ago....
....still a long way to go on this, but she is beginning to take shape now. I know exactly where this image is going, so it's just a case of getting the pictures in my head onto the canvas. One tricky aspect of working on a boxy canvas is working on the areas near the edges, so I find it helps to put something of a similar thickness on my table to rest my hand on. I've never liked working with an easel, even with large paintings. I prefer to work at a table, hunched over and close up!
Once this canvas is completed it will be going onto my Etsy site and I hope to have a few more items listed on there over the next few days.
Tomorrow I'll be spending the day with Heather and Graham and will pass on everyone's good wishes to them.

3 comments:

Artyjen said...

Oooh! that's looking gogeous :)
xoxo Sioux

rachel said...

Hi Lindsay - I only just made it over here - met you at Port sunlight after having met your years before at Dawn Bibby's shop. Just used one of your stamps today so I thought I'd look you up. Your painting is wonderful - hugs rachel xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay. WOW, she is gorgeous. Say 'hi' to Heather for me and give her my love....Thinking of you all, will be in touch soon. Love S xxx