About Me

I'm a freelance artist, designer and demonstrator and have been involved in arts and craft my whole life in one way or another. I design stamps for top British company Personal Impressions, under the "Lindsay Mason Designs" brand, as well as papers, templates and other crafting products. I'm a certified Ranger Educator and my first book,"Stamping", was published in 2009. I also design regular projects for Crafts Beautiful magazine and have made guest appearances from time to time on QVC. I've recently joined You Tube under the name of LindsayMason1000 where I'm posting short technique videos and you can buy my paintings and hand crafted pieces from my Etsy shop. My work takes me all around the country demonstrating stamping, papercrafts and general inkiness! When I'm not working, I love gardening, church & community activities, nature watching, journalling, music and theatre and just relaxing at home. Email me at: ljm.design1@virginmedia.com

Thursday 29 October 2009

Think ink!

I have not only been thinking ink, I've been pretty much dreaming ink too...along with crackle paint, acrylics etc etc. It's been a very enjoyable couple of days getting samples ready for this weekend's demonstrations as I've been creating a canvass or two, a brooch, a cuff and some other things as well as cards and ATC's. Here are some sneaky peeks of what I've been up to.....this is a plaque that evolved as it went on. Can you see what the expensive base to it is?!? Below is the brooch that I've made to wear on my Ranger apron. The photo doesn't show the words too well, but the legend is "Time flies when you're having fun", which seemed very appropriate for the last few days. It features Grungeboard wings and a chipboard heart and I've used Crackle paint and Crackle Accents to give texture and shine to the piece.

That's all the pictures for now - I shall save the rest for after the weekend. Hope to see quite a few of you on Saturday and Sunday of course...all ATC's happily swapped and refreshments gratefully received......only joking about the refreshments, we get looked after well at the DBDS!

There are a couple of new members to the family this week. My sister Heather will be telling you about one of them, but last week David and I took mum and dad to Cats Paws sanctuary, near Lytham and helped them to choose a little friend to adopt. After looking at lots of pleading faces and some cheeky ones, they fell for a little female called Tara. She was in the hospital section, wearing a large plastic collar as she had been pulling out her stitches! Little Tara had been brought in to be spayed by her owners after she had kittens and then they had rung the sanctuary to say that they didn't want her back. She is a beautiful "tabby tortie and white" with huge yellow green eyes. So, we put a deposit down (they ask for a minimum donation of £60 which doesn't even cover the jabs, vet checks and insurance which they provde for each cat they rehome) and dad signed all the forms. They had to wait until yesterday before they could pick her up, and last night she was, apparently, hiding under a duvet in the spare bedroom, obviously very nervous. Today she has been more adventurous and has picked a spot beneath the gas fire...completely ignoring the luxurious faux suede bed with removable furry cushion which my day insisting on getting for her! So, as soon as we get over there again I will take some snaps and post them on here. I am very jealous, but we just aren't in a position to have a pussy cat now really, so I will share Tara!

Tomorrow I'll be working on new stamp designs - the precise, detailed work will be a complete contrast to my messy week so far! I have a few ideas, but will spend a couple of days doing pencil sketches before deciding which ones to work into finished designs. As usual, I have a very tight deadline, but I work better that way - thank goodness! Lindsay

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I really love the brooch. Please can we have a Ranger workshop near here? The robin is gorgeous and looks like its on a piece of corrugated card but not sure. So hope Tara settles and becomes a loving friend. I have no doubt she will. Now this sister of yours.....

Artyjen said...

LLLurv that heart/wing grunge pin.
Wish I could be somewhere else this weekend..........somewhere like the DBDS!! LOL
xoxo